OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ghost blinds

Started by mastevt, February 27, 2019, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastevt

My Ghost Blind came today, and I didn't waste anytime to take it outside in the back yard
And test it out.  Let me say, I'm impressed!  I can't wait to get it out hunting this spring!  It's made
From durable pastic, folds up fast.  Sets up fast.  I'm excited! 

daddyduke

I dig it. Looked at them a few times myself.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Gen.27:3

It looks good, I have never used one but I am intrigued by them.
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Sir-diealot

I take it it is for those that can kneel looking at you behind it?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RalKitz

I wonder what they would be like on a bright sunshiny Florida day?

jims

I have both the taller and shorter version of the ghostblind.  The taller one is a lot easier and comfortable to hide behind.  I shot one of my first Nebraska gobblers behind the short blind but had to squat super low or turkeys would see me.  I set up in the middle of a cut corn field and a tom/hens came directly to my decoys.  You may need a couple blinds if turkeys come from several directions...and you don't have brush or something behind you? 

You are obviously out in the elements all day in a Ghostblind.  That means if it rains, snows, windy, super hot, etc you are exposed to the elements.  A portable blind may be more comfortable.  There isn't a whole lot of room to hide behind. 

The only problem I've had with mine is if frost, rain, etc get on the mirrors...you are screwed!  I've never had a problem with the direct sun.  The mirrors are tilted towards the ground so reflect what's immediately in front of it.  You may want to take a look at the reflection from the front after setting it up?  They aren't designed for strong winds...so be fore-warned!  They are definitely easier to haul than a large portable blind such as Double Bull Double Wide but still not something I'd want to haul around all day. 

I've had quite a few turkeys over the years come to my mirror blind when a portable blind totally spooked the heck out of birds.  I've even had a few hens come 2' from the blind and purr at their reflection in the mirror....pretty wild!   

Even though the ghostblind works fine, my preference is to run and gun hunt with no blind. There are both pros and cons for ghostblinds...I've covered most of them.  Where ghostblinds tend to shine is if turkeys are spooky of regular blinds.....if not I'd rather be comfortable inside a portable blind.

fallhnt

^^^^ Good review. They are a good tool to have.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy