turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Halloran Box calls

Started by Gen.27:3, February 26, 2019, 07:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

not only do David's boxes look amazing they sound amazing as well!

nyhunter

Quote from: tha bugman on February 27, 2019, 04:28:11 PM
not only do David's boxes look amazing they sound amazing as well!

I agree with bugman on this.

Ol Yelper

If you want a Halloran box get his Mac Ebony/Walnut. It's a great sounding call and it will call soft.

Zilla

I bought the Redheart over Poplar for my daughter 2 years ago for Christmas. Really nice call!

ssramage

For around the same price point, I'd argue that Bob Harwell makes one of the best boxes for the money.

R.W. Mackey

I'll throw in Tim Bullock's name, No Bull Custom Calls, he makes an excellent short box in the Cost style.
A great guy to deal with and fairly short wait time compared to most. But you can't go wrong with any of the others mentioned.

RW
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

singlestrand

I got the ebony over limba at Nashville a few weeks ago. The lid is heavy and it plays easy. It'll be a month before I get to try it out though.

Shoebuck

Really like my two Halloran boxes!

yelpy

I didnt care for David's box calls. Not my cup of tea. A bunch of good makers out there. If you need a box for this season I wouldnt hesitate to contact S&S. They make a fine short box.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Crghss

I used a halloran box call & crystal mystress this morning. I really like these calls. Especially when the wind picked up.

My Purple Heart over cedar box call is raspy and the sound carries. Real easy to run, usually my first call of the day.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Buckman18

My wife bought me a Halloran ebony/walnut box for my birthday. She literally just gave it to me. Gonna try it out this weekend. I'm excited, this is only my second box call ever (historically I use pots and diaphragms).

Gen.27:3

Awesome, congratulations on the new call and happy birthday.
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,