OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Favorite persimmon striker  (Read 2511 times)

Offline hush

Re: Favorite persimmon striker
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 02:52:42 PM »
I have a persimmon that is one of my favorites, turkey like it too! Had it for years, but no idea who it came from. Has KC burned into the top. Runs on anything and just feels right. Birds come to see what is making the pretty sounds.

Online Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 03:12:17 PM »
I just got one from Matt McLain that I really like. I also have one from Neal Herman(same as Hooks but flared tip)that tones the rasp down on any pot I play it on. It's always with me in the woods.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 08:19:05 PM »
I have yet to have one but would very much like to get one from Stuckey in a mushroom tip. I was talking with a member today and he said Lyman also does a mushroom tip like the Stuckey so I would like to try one of his as well. I have two other strikers from other makers with the mushroom tip that I like very much, one is a David Halloran and the other is from Bill Travis
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."