OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Greetings to the Limbhangers 2019  (Read 5252 times)

Offline dublelung

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Greetings to the Limbhangers 2019
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 10:35:37 PM »
Congrats on the gobbler Oscar! Hopefully I'll find one willing to play the game this weekend.

Offline Big Jeremy

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 12:44:47 PM »
Well, as you may have noticed form the general forum, I am going on a last minute hunt to Florida. We will be in Panama City anyway, so I am gonna chase some easterns. Hopefully since it isn't the coveted other species that FL holds, there won't be nearly as much pressure.

I've never hunted outside of Tennessee or North Alabama, so I am excited to adventure onto some other territory, and it's going to be quite different than the pretty steep hills and hollers that I am used to. Ought to be a good learning experience, at least!

Offline Big Jeremy

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2019, 02:55:19 PM »
I came close in Florida last Friday. Long story short, I had to get really aggressive as the hunting ends at 1:00 p.m., and I spooked them. The bird had stayed in the same area for about an hour and a half, and I had been able to belly crawl to about 35 yards from him, but it was so thick between me and him that I was going to have to try to stand up to shoot him. When I started repositioning myself to get ready to stand and shoot, he busted me. Oh well...it sure was fun!

Offline dublelung

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2019, 05:18:11 PM »
At least you got to go see some new territory and got to get after one. Good luck to you on the home turf!

Offline Big Jeremy

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2019, 05:17:46 PM »
My Tennessee season got off to a slow start yesterday. I put quite a few miles in, could have killed one of about half a dozen jakes on a couple of different occasions (I'm not above killing a Jake...I love the meat), and enjoyed the woods for about 12 hours.