turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sightmark Ultra vs. Mueller Quickshot vs. Bushnell TRS-25

Started by Skeeter41, February 24, 2019, 03:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeeter41

Looking for something to put on my backup gun/son's gun.  Reviews seem to be ok for all of these.  Anyone have experience with any of these - both good and bad.  The honest truth is that this gun will most likely be shot 1 time per year so I am not interested in putting a vortex or FF to sit in the safe.

How is the field of view/target acquisition when looking through the TRS-25? I never looked through one that was mounted.  Does it give you tunnel vision?

KyScott

Cant speak for the sight mark or Bushnell but I've owned a quick shot for probably about 10 years or better. It's a nice sight for the money and the field of view is wide open. I was worried about the toughness of it when I bought it but it's still kicking. Its had a lot of 3 1/2 inchers shot through it.

jlw

I also have a Quickshot that I've used for 4 years now. I've been very happy with it and think it's a great sight for the money.

TurkeyHunterML

I just bought the Sightmark M-Spec. Has a lifetime warranty and is well built. I ready like it.
Mike Lenga Calls (ML Calls)

Strutr

I've had a Sightmark mini reflex red dot on my TC Encore turkey gun for maybe 4-5 years and so far has stood up to the heavy loads without a hiccup.  It's a very basic sight with a 3moa dot, a two position brightness switch, and a limited lifetime warranty.  I think it originally cost ~$60.  Works for me.

longbeards

I put a Bushnell Trophy TRS 25 on my M1 just after last spring. Have put a bunch of hevi loads down range with it and no issues!! Has keep point of impact, small, light and not going to be a pain to hual around on my turkey gun. Have used the same model on a cross bow for 3 years now....no problem..Only concern is that warranty is only one year. So far so good,,,,will repost after I get done traveling this spring....