turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Old Heavyweight 20 in size 6?

Started by ahfox16, February 24, 2019, 11:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahfox16

Has anyone ever tried the size 6 3" load in any guns as compared to size 7's.  There is a shop near me that still has a good many of those in stock and I may be able to make a deal.  I shot the size 7's for the past 3 years and they were amazing but no longer made.

owlhoot

I have , but only one box. Rem 21" Superfull rem choke done fine with dead turkey at 40 yard pattern.

Two birds died at around 30 yards, they were really slammed , no reason to jump and run to gobblers with those.

albrubacker

This is at 40yrds.with a super full.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

savduck

Yes. I have several cases of them. I have one gun that will shoot them around 120. Another gun that shoots 6s 140 type patterns.

They like .570 chokes
Georgia Boy

Tom Foolery

Quote from: savduck on March 02, 2019, 09:11:15 PM
Yes. I have several cases of them. I have one gun that will shoot them around 120. Another gun that shoots 6s 140 type patterns.

They like .570 chokes

Holy smokes, that's strong.

albrubacker

Quote from: savduck on March 02, 2019, 09:11:15 PM

They like .570 chokes
That is a hammer of a pattern for the 6's! I have couple more chokes to try hoping to increase mine.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

savduck

Sumtoy 570 in one gun ( 140/150) and pure gold 570 tempest in second gun (120s)
Georgia Boy

ahfox16

Those guys getting good patterns with them are shooting what kind of guns?

albrubacker

Quote from: ahfox16 on March 05, 2019, 09:56:29 PM
Those guys getting good patterns with them are shooting what kind of guns?

Rem 11-87 youth

—Charlie Elliott

savduck

Georgia Boy

surehuntsalot

I have some of the #6's that I run through my Carlson .575 on my stoeger and a primos .570 om my 870
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

savduck

Georgia Boy

mightyjoeyoung

Didn't bother counting holes, but...????
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

savduck

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 02, 2019, 11:04:43 AM
Didn't bother counting holes, but...????

Hell yeah. Ain't no need in counting.
Georgia Boy

albrubacker

Some awesome patterns!
I tried to pattern some tonight in a new 870. Couldn't break a 100 at 40. Tried Tightwad, SSX & an old Hevi approved super full.

—Charlie Elliott