OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Patterning material  (Read 2522 times)

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Patterning material
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2019, 10:07:47 AM »
Dollar Tree has rolls of brown mailing paper for a buck.  It is 30" wide and can usually get 5-6 papers from it. 
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline thedoveshooter

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2019, 11:45:36 AM »
I work for a plastics distribution company and we have a multitude of cardboard sheets laying around from shipments, free for the taking. They're nice 3'x3' sheets.  Perfect for my intended use!

Offline fmf

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2019, 01:18:35 PM »
cheap gift wrapping paper from the dollar general or Walmart, just turn it white side towards you

rdjustham

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2019, 01:20:16 PM »
Dollar general wrapping paper right after Christmas.  This year i got five rolls for like two bucks.

Offline albrubacker

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 09:37:55 AM »
I use old building blueprints or wrapping paper.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2019, 09:32:33 PM »
Got a large 12 foot corrugated Trump election sign and used it for long range rifle shooting then finished it up with patterning.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Offline Bamalimbhanger

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 03:42:46 PM »
i use the contractor paper from lowes or home depot . I have a template made out of 1/2 ply wood that is 30inches with a 10inch cut in the center. after i trace the ply wood I then  use a washer that's about 1' to make a point of aim in center of 10' circle and color the 1' circle with a black sharpe

Offline Izzyjoe

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2019, 07:59:12 PM »
I use the same 36" paper from lowes, and I made a frame to hold it at the bottom with spring clips at the top. I works great, just pull the from the bottom and slip paper under the clip at the top. I buy the 1" colored sticker, like used for yard sale price tags. They make good aiming dots, just shoot cut the paper off, and repeat process. I have a 20"x20" piece of plexiglass with a 10" hole cut out, just lay it on the pattern at the densest spot and count the pellet holes.

Offline Jcfd142

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2019, 04:49:20 PM »
Kraft paper from Walmart. 30" wide and 30' long. Enough for 12 targets if you cut em 30" long. And it's less that $5.

Offline Clydetaylor1

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2019, 11:29:43 AM »
I used the roll from lowes. Don't know how many targets you get but its alot.