OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Beginner Trumpet  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Beginner Trumpet
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 09:42:59 PM »
Most of these guys know more than I do but I want to share where I feel I made a mistake, I tried to learn to many kinds to fast, trumpets and yelpers and I think it has hurt my learning. Get one, stick with it and when you feel you are decent then get another one. I am trying to learn on 4 different "Wind instruments" as I like to call them 1 Trumpet, 2 yelpers and a wingbone. I am doing better with the yelpers by far. Oh and it is not the fault of the makers, it is the fault of the knucklehead trying to play them.

Pick the one you feel you play the best and stick with it. Once you have it down then go to the others. Mechanics will help you play from one to the next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I thought I said? LOL
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Ben1100mag

Re: Beginner Trumpet
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2019, 09:01:59 AM »
Fancy Exotic wood in a Trumpet is pretty to look at and nice to have but it don't mean the Birds are going to like it.  I have a $40 trumpet from a maker on here that the birds really seem to like!!!   I also have made wing bones and cane yelper's that work well too.