OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Double Barreled Flintlock Shotgun

Started by Sir-diealot, February 23, 2019, 09:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

This is something I would not have til next Spring but was wondering if anyone has ever used this model or knows of another model that is a Flintlock and double barrel and preferably blued? Also what does "cylinder bored" mean and how would it apply to turkey hunting, positive or negative and why? I have 3 black powder rifles, 1 standard percussion cap, 1 side slapper or mule eared and 1 inline, have always wanted to get a flintlock rifle and shotgun. Of course I also want a wheel lock and match lock but those are crazy expensive.
http://middlesexvillagetrading.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_70&product_id=100
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

DocHolliday

Cylinder bore means no choke (constriction). May be too open for turkey. Only way to find out is to shoot various combinations of wads/shot to see if it will pattern. I shoot a SxS percussion but it has choke tubes.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: DocHolliday on February 23, 2019, 10:52:35 AM
Cylinder bore means no choke (constriction). May be too open for turkey. Only way to find out is to shoot various combinations of wads/shot to see if it will pattern. I shoot a SxS percussion but it has choke tubes.
Lot of money to spend on a gun to find out it is no good for turkey. Thanks for the information. If I can't find a double barrel I will have to go with a single barrel flint lock I guess. I like the idea of a follow up shot though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."