turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Special Gift for my Dad

Started by DrakeSprig, February 11, 2011, 08:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrakeSprig

My dad's true passion has always been turkey hunting. He started taking me to the turkey woods at a very young age (my 2 sister's don't hunt) and him and I have spent countless hours chasing turkeys around Southeast Missouri. He has always put himself first and has never justified buying anything "upscale" for himself, since it was usually one of us that wanted something instead. So this year for Christmas I thought of the perfect gift that could combine his favorite things into one. I am currently in optometry school but I graduated from Mississippi State University and my little sister is currently a freshman cheerleader there, while my older sister attended the University of Alabama. I thought this call would be the perfect way to give him a little reminder of us while he was out chasing big toms around the countryside. I couldn't be happier with the way this turned out and it surely put a big smile on my dad's face when he opened it up! So two big thumbs up to Scotty Maddux for his willingness to customize this call for me and make something that is truly special to me and my family. Enjoy!

smurf

Nice story and a nice call.  A hand made gift is always better than a store bought one.   :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.

West Augusta

That will be a special call for him. Well done.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

timbrhuntr

letinmfly

Quote from: West Augusta on February 11, 2011, 09:08:15 PM
That will be a special call for him. Well done.

Scotty did a great job on that call!  :icon_thumright:
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

doepee

hunter22

turkey slayer

OLE RASPY

Sully53

:happy0064: Super job on that pot call!!!!!

Roostem33

Great gift and I know he loves it!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey