OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best turkey call(could be anytype) that you lost in the field?

Started by deerpoo22, February 22, 2019, 08:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mspaci

Bill, you reminded me, I lost one of your diamond wood strikers a few years back, Mike

sixbird

I'm a little embarrassed about it, but last year, I lost three great scratchers. Didn't realize it until this winter when I, at various times, went to play each and each was gone.
I'm so careful with my calls and always check around when I get up to be sure I haven't left anything.
I hate calling a callmaker and telling him I lost his work. I mean, the guy pours his heart into a call and you can't even take enough care to honor his effort???
Yeah...I got a new vest and the pockets are kind of shallow. I'm sure they fell out while I was walking, since, like I say, I check when I get up...
Lost a Allen Dunphy Witches Fiddle, a Rick Ferlitta sinker cypress mini (don't know if that one can be replaced) and a Eric Rice. All great calls and all gone...
Hoping I'll eventually find them, but afraid that even if I do, they'll be ruined from the elements.

Gen.27:3

I lost a preacher man box call a few years ago. I actually went back and found it, but it was pretty messed up due to time, water, and the sun.
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

TauntoHawk

Quote from: sixbird on March 01, 2019, 12:22:16 PM
I'm a little embarrassed about it, but last year, I lost three great scratchers. Didn't realize it until this winter when I, at various times, went to play each and each was gone.
I'm so careful with my calls and always check around when I get up to be sure I haven't left anything.
I hate calling a callmaker and telling him I lost his work. I mean, the guy pours his heart into a call and you can't even take enough care to honor his effort???
Yeah...I got a new vest and the pockets are kind of shallow. I'm sure they fell out while I was walking, since, like I say, I check when I get up...
Lost a Allen Dunphy Witches Fiddle, a Rick Ferlitta sinker cypress mini (don't know if that one can be replaced) and a Eric Rice. All great calls and all gone...
Hoping I'll eventually find them, but afraid that even if I do, they'll be ruined from the elements.
I almost teared up reading this between my love for scratch boxes and hate for losing money. That's a rough one

I've lost two strikers of course they were favorites and broken two pot calls. Lost a box once but went back and found it, that was a good story because I left a gobbling bird to find it and killed a different bird later that day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>