Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best turkey call(could be anytype) that you lost in the field?

Started by deerpoo22, February 22, 2019, 08:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerpoo22

One year I ran through the woods to try to get ahead of a bird and ended up losing this walnut striker(can't remember the make) that made every call I had sing. I've bought numerous walnut strikers since and not one were ever as good as that one. Still makes me sick! How bout you guys?

jrinny

My brother and I were working a bird when we were younger.... it was a long stale- mate. We finally got the bird to break and when I heard  the gun go off- I up and ran over to congratulate him and celebrate. I left a Lynch box call at that tree and never found another Lynch that sounded as good.

Greg Massey

Lost my mine several times , trying to get that bird to close the distance ....

davisd9

Lost an awesome monkey wood striker in Alabama.  Went back looking for it and never did find it.  I count myself lucky as that is the only thing I can ever recall losing in the woods like that.  I have dropped other things and been fortunate to find them.  My luckiest moment was finding a Buice #4 mouthpiece that I had to back track several hundred yards to find.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

MK M GOBL

I have some lost and  lost & founds.

Lost a locator goose call

Lost some strikers and Lost & Found my CODY Striker, kind of knew the area we had been in and went back through the following day only to find either rabbits or squirrles had "skinned" the striker, figure after years of use my hand had "salted" the striker with enough flavor. Check out the pic, there is a little dark spot of where the "D" was :)

Lost & Found a CODY World Class Slate call
My original call I lost in the U.P. of MI, 3 years later and I sit to start working a bird for a buddy and it's laying on the gound at a set we make, was still in it's tupperware container and in perfect condition! I bought another during that years season, gave the found call to my dad and he used it until his passing, I am now putting "The Original" in a Display.

MK M GOBL

outdoors

I lost a cedar striker that was AWESOME SOUNDING on most of my calls  it was only 6 1/2" long well balanced  striker
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

ssramage

Hunting an old logging road one morning and I had a gobbler fire off right off the path ahead of me. Set up to shot was less than 15 minutes, he flew right to me. I had clucked a few times on my Crystal Mistress but forgot to zip the pocket of my vest when I ran to the bird. Lost two Fowler strikers... never could find them. But it was worth it!

NCSWAMPFOX

had to run down a wounded turkey my daughter shot and lost my\her thunderdome. have been through that block of woods many times in the past and never found.

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Flounder

One of Darren Dawkins older pots. Still sick today. Called in two longbeards and smoked them both.
I still look for it today.

slwayne

I've been pretty fortunate.  Have only lost one call in the field, a Scott Wilper Pocket Rocket.  Like it so much I immediately ordered a replacement.  Bigger disappointment for me was losing my Wendell Rye Dymondwood striker last year.  That thing sounded great on every pot call I own.  Don't think that loss can be replaced.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Chris O

I lost one of the old gobble shake tubes that had the accordion rubber tube you pulled out and shook. It didn't sound the greatest. I don't even remember who the maker was. I survived with out it and didn't even go back and look for it.

HFultzjr

I didn't lose it in the woods, but I've lost one of my 2 Lynch Foolproofs from the early to mid 1960's.
:character0029:

Happy hooker

True story
At a Minnesota calling event a guy had his mouth call file out getting them wet in a restroom sink,,turning away from sink the call file slipped out of his hand and all his favorite broken in mouth calls landed on the floor of a public restroom scattered on the much "used" floor.
The 5 second rule didn't apply there they got trashed.