OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mounting a FF3 on A5

Started by ugaDAWGS09, February 21, 2019, 10:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugaDAWGS09

I've decided to go with a FF3 to fix my POI issues. What is the best way to mount it to my gun. I would like to be able to remove it after season to go back to shooting skeet/birds so I dont want anything permanent. 

Gog1015

Call William at Sumtoy Customs this morning, I talked to him yesterday because I need another mount for one of my guns and he said he will have some more ready to go today or tomorrow. His mount works great and sits low on the receiver.

Bustabeak

I'm looking for a mount for my new style A5 as well. Would love to see what you find out. I have also emailed sum toy to see if they have anything.

ugaDAWGS09

Quote from: Bustabeak on February 22, 2019, 02:10:33 PM
I'm looking for a mount for my new style A5 as well. Would love to see what you find out. I have also emailed sum toy to see if they have anything.

I found out the gun would have to be drilled and tapped for the bracket and I'm not sure this is something I want to do since I will be taking it back off after turkey season.  I may go with the Williams Firesights for now to help correct my POI. 

Bustabeak

Yeah I'm the same way, I'd hate to drill it because I often use it for duck hunting as well. I haven't heard of the Williamson firesight. I'll have to look into that.

Bustabeak

Quote from: Bustabeak on February 23, 2019, 02:38:46 PM
Yeah I'm the same way, I'd hate to drill it because I often use it for duck hunting as well. I haven't heard of the Williamson firesight. I'll have to look into that.

However I did buy a cantelever mount that mounts to the vent rib. But I didn't like it that much.

ugaDAWGS09

Yeah I dont see any way to add a red dot or scope without drilling. The Williams sights are like rifle sights with adjustments so I may try them. I'm not sure if they just mount over or next to my original beads. I'm gonna call them Monday.

CrustyRusty

Aimpoint makes a rib mounted red dot.  An expensive option but very viable

ugaDAWGS09

Quote from: CrustyRusty on February 24, 2019, 05:31:42 PM
Aimpoint makes a rib mounted red dot.  An expensive option but very viable

Thanks I looked at it but just can't see paying that much.  I couldnt find any other rib mounted red dots.

SumToy

we put one on a few weeks back.  it look good but you will need to drill and tap to do it.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA