turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Glass sound board

Started by AT, April 07, 2019, 10:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Why is it you see more glass sound boards then about anything else?

AT

Gen.27:3

I am curious about this as well
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

AT

Probably easier to get glass as well!!! I can answer my own ?'s to get my post up I guess.

AT

You don't see much wood sound boards.

zelmo1

Different sound boards , if the rest of the call is the same materials, change the tone and depth of the sounds it makes. Glass will ring at a higher pitch than a maple sound board. It is all sound that the different combinations make. I use many different sound boards deoending on the sound/tone I am making the call to play. Strikers are the last ingredient in the recipe.  :gobble: :gobble:

BigSlam51

It's also cheaper

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Plain glass is actually cheaper than wooden sound bourds  :drool:

LabsRUsII

Glass glues better than slate
But I use glass, slate, walnut, cherry, aluminum, maple etc. All work well. As long as. All measurements on inside are correct. All different. Diameter and thickness too
Last measurement lol is the striker weight. As above

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Custom Call Maker
Turkey Calls- Trumpets, Tubes, Pots, Boxes
Duck Calls and whistles
Exotic woods

AT

Thanks for the replies. Out of the few I have I've just noticed wood sound boards on my Mabry's and the Cody Spec 1

AT

I've got a few with slate and aluminum but for the most part glass.

Pooh4459

Yeah most of mine are glass also but it seems a lot of makers are starting to experiment more with different types of soundfiles lately.

outdoors

Copper is becoming my favorite
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

zelmo1

Copper for a soundboard?, I haven't tried it for a soundboard yet  :OGturkeyhead:

outdoors

Brass is good also just a tad high at the end of the rollover, backend
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field