Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Choke Recommendations for Win SX3 Shooting Longbeard XR

Started by robertreed711, February 21, 2019, 09:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertreed711

I know a lot of this is trial and error but hoping to get some input on where to start with with the above listed setup. I was going to order the Carlson's Longbeard choke but thought there might be better places to start.

I will be trying out 5s and 6s.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

DBell

Out of my 870 26 in bbl and final strut
.570, I get nice hunting patterns with #6 LB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breddleman34

My "ol reliable" is an SX3 12, 26" bbl, with a Carlson's Longbeard XR tube (.665 as mentioned above) and I can tell you, after patterning 5 different shells through it, XRs are all I've shot out of it the last 3-4 years. Now, that being said, I would definitely consider the Carlson Longbeard XR .568 Invector Plus for your 20. I've shot that tube out of 2 Affinity 20 gauges and it patterned the #5 XRs great so I am sure there would be no problems with the #6s! I have had several brands of chokes and patterned countless commercially available loads and I don't know if it's because they are all made to be together or if I just got lucky, but my SX3 12, Longbeard 5s or 6s in either 3" or 3.5", and that Carlson's XR choke is all I ever need. Anywhere to 60 yards I'm fully confident!

robertreed711

Quote from: Breddleman34 on March 04, 2019, 11:30:45 PM
My "ol reliable" is an SX3 12, 26" bbl, with a Carlson's Longbeard XR tube (.665 as mentioned above) and I can tell you, after patterning 5 different shells through it, XRs are all I've shot out of it the last 3-4 years. Now, that being said, I would definitely consider the Carlson Longbeard XR .568 Invector Plus for your 20. I've shot that tube out of 2 Affinity 20 gauges and it patterned the #5 XRs great so I am sure there would be no problems with the #6s! I have had several brands of chokes and patterned countless commercially available loads and I don't know if it's because they are all made to be together or if I just got lucky, but my SX3 12, Longbeard 5s or 6s in either 3" or 3.5", and that Carlson's XR choke is all I ever need. Anywhere to 60 yards I'm fully confident!

Thanks for the reply! I just received an order yesterday with the longbeard choke and 4 boxes of the #6 LB XR's. Just waiting on some better weather now!