OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trumpet calls

Started by MarkJM, April 28, 2011, 01:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJM

I have a question for you guys who use them. can you only do yelps and clucks on them? is it possible to do purrs, get excited, cuts and stuff on them?

thanks
MuellerCustomCalls

pappy

If you are profficient on using a trumpet you can make any sound with one. I have seen a video of a young man in Wisconsin gobble and everything with one.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

bowhunter84

Quote from: pappy on April 28, 2011, 01:41:04 PM
If you are profficient on using a trumpet you can make any sound with one. I have seen a video of a young man in Wisconsin gobble and everything with one.
where did you see the video?  i'd like to see it. i've been considering getting a trumpet to play around with

VanHelden Game Calls

Yes you can.   

But its a call you buy knowing you may never be able to make the purr and gobble.  The others are pretty easy.

I can kind of make a gobble.  Like when you push the chest of a dead gobbler, it makes that dead gobble sound.  That is where I am at on that vocal :TooFunny:

Part of the trumpet lore.  If you can run one you will be part of an elite club ;D

neal

Quote from: pappy on April 28, 2011, 01:41:04 PM
If you are proficient on using a trumpet you can make any sound with one. I have seen a video of a young man in Wisconsin gobble and everything with one.

Scott Wilhelm is who I'm sure your referring to, he can do any call on one, very good hunting buddy of mine. He is also this years Friction Grand Champion.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

pappy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dkj6F8OEGM&feature=related
here it is...this is the second place call at the Midwest Nationals, mine took first place that same year in the hunting division.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Capt. Randy

Very talented. I hope to be a quarter as proficient with my trumpet as him.