OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Federal TSS #9 question  (Read 6144 times)

Offline Turkeyfever

Re: Federal TSS #9 question
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 11:02:13 AM »
I think some of you may be confusing store policy and the law. I am guessing if you place an order and the incorrect ammunition is in the box that the store could send you the correct ammunition and a packing label to send  back the incorrect ammunition If they want to. Then they would deal with the manufacturer. Then again they may tell you that it was not their mistake and refer you to the original manufacturer. If the law truly says you can't return ammunition then I guess everyone is just stuck with whatever is in the box! Let us know what happens! I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time.

Offline Curtdawg88

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 11:56:51 AM »
UPDATE: The vendor responded to my email saying they contacting their rep and that were packaged incorrectly and Federal would be contacting me to correct the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

Offline TCKev

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 12:11:15 PM »
I sent them an email through there website last night. Waiting on a reply.
Tight Groups
Kevin

Offline TCKev

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 12:57:44 PM »
Talked with Federal and there going to send me 2 boxes of #9  :toothy9:
Tight Groups
Kevin

Offline Grouse870

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 01:48:22 PM »
Just ordered 2 boxes from Rogers. Curious to see what I get

Offline nyhunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 04:11:15 PM »
fmf...  Did you say one of Federals new Holy Grail of turkey she's was a dud???? please elaborate on this!!!!

Offline Curtdawg88

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 04:20:53 PM »
UPDATE #2: I spoke with Federal and they are correcting the issue by sending me what I actually ordered.

Online fmf

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 07:21:13 PM »
fmf...  Did you say one of Federals new Holy Grail of turkey she's was a dud???? please elaborate on this!!!!

it looked to have a nice primer strike but didn’t go off. 

yall heard back from federal?  i emailed them and even sent a picture of the box showing 9’s and the shells labeled 7-9 and i still haven’t heard back.  its been over 24 hours

Offline Curtdawg88

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 07:27:43 PM »

it looked to have a nice primer strike but didn’t go off. 

yall heard back from federal?  i emailed them and even sent a picture of the box showing 9’s and the shells labeled 7-9 and i still haven’t heard back.  its been over 24 hours

I called today and they returned my call a couple hours later. Told me they were send me 2 boxes of the straight 9s.

Offline KyScott

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 08:53:02 PM »
Man I’ve been getting pumped up about trying these 9’s out. The mixed up shells doesn’t bother because that’s an easy fix but  shells not going off is a problem. Has anybody else had this happen? Sounds very odd to me cause I have never had a Federal shotgun shell not go off.

Offline Zeke6685

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019, 04:18:07 AM »
I ordered 2 boxes from Midsouth last week and they had contacted me about it saying that they would probably be mis- packed and when I got them sure enough they were. They took my name and said a federal customer service rep would call me in a few days. That was Thursday and I haven’t heard from them yet to see what they are going to do.

Offline Curtdawg88

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019, 06:57:09 AM »
I ordered 2 boxes from Midsouth last week and they had contacted me about it saying that they would probably be mis- packed and when I got them sure enough they were. They took my name and said a federal customer service rep would call me in a few days. That was Thursday and I haven’t heard from them yet to see what they are going to do.

I was told on Thursday that Federal would contact me but I went ahead and called on Friday. If they do call me I’ll tell them it’s already been taken care of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline stahl1

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2019, 07:41:34 AM »
A month ago I ordered three boxes of 20 ga. tss9's thru my LGS ,I got the right shells. When I went to sight the gun in the fourth shells primer blew about 90% out which caused the gun to jam. I was using a Mossberg sa 20.I called Federals' Customer Service and they told me they haven't had any complaints with this batch of shells but I could send a box back to them and they would check the pressures on them. I also sent back the shell that blew out. I had to send them back on my dime and that maybe they would replace a box. This was two weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since. Having said all of this I'll probably use these shells this spring because I get such a great pattern out of that gun. I hope I only need one shot!

Offline Clydetaylor1

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2019, 03:36:16 PM »
Got my 20ga. Federal #9s in today. Checked them and they all say #9s. Now to see if they fire?

Offline Grouse870

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2019, 11:56:30 PM »
Got my two boxes in. Both 9’s