OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: It's a Sickness  (Read 5482 times)

Offline hunter22

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
It's a Sickness
« on: February 19, 2019, 06:41:01 PM »
I sorted through my calls today and took some pics of my scratch boxes. Probably the most overlooked call in the woods in my opinion. I was at Unicoi in early January and the one call I ran there that I could not buy was a Neil Cost style all-cedar scratch box that Lamar let me run. It was already sold or would have come home with me.

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: It's a Sickness
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »
Nice collection Rickey!

Online paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 06:52:40 PM »
Agree Rickey. Last bird I killed in the big woods ate up Bob Fulcher's little scratcher made from Dick Kirby's wood pile. Too special of a call to go in the woods anymore! Highly overlooked tool.

I probably have a half dozen or more. Deadly little call.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Tom Talker

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 07:02:32 PM »
I will second that it is a sickness or rather an appreciation of finely crafted turkey killers! Nice collection!

Offline bobk

• In Memorial
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 08:30:35 PM »
Nice collection.

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 10:54:59 PM »
Nice collection. I like them a lot myself, scratch box and wing bones were the first out of the ordinary (For my area anyway) calls I ever got and I really like the scratch boxes. Hoping to get a few more before next season.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Roanoke River Rambler

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 11:25:20 PM »
Nice looking scratch boxes. Love the sound that a good one makes in the woods....and a lot easier to carry than all the other stuff I tend to tote into the woods.

Offline silverspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 06:40:31 AM »
Rickey, An awesome collection of scratch box calls but you have an awesome collection of great turkey calls :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 12:58:16 PM »
Nice calls!!
I’ve only used scratchers a few years now. My collection is big enough I don’t wanna pose em all n lets suffice to say they’ll never all get hunted. When I first started Al from SS told me I’d prob have scratchers as a go to call. I kinda wasn’t sure. Now just years later it’s prob the calls I use the most.

Offline hunter22

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 01:25:42 PM »
Nice calls!!
I’ve only used scratchers a few years now. My collection is big enough I don’t wanna pose em all n lets suffice to say they’ll never all get hunted. When I first started Al from SS told me I’d prob have scratchers as a go to call. I kinda wasn’t sure. Now just years later it’s prob the calls I use the most.

I have a scratch box in my vest on every hunt I go on. There's a Basehore all-cedar in that group that has accounted for some really nice gobblers.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 06:12:44 PM »
Nice calls!!

I have a scratch box in my vest on every hunt I go on. There's a Basehore all-cedar in that group that has accounted for some really nice gobblers.
Well I hope you get a big one w em this year!!

Offline Turkz39

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 11:29:38 PM »
Wow!  That’s a great collection

Offline KentuckyHeadhunter

• Double Beard
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 07:04:28 AM »
I had a Neil Cost all cedar and sold it. But I would never sell my Basehore all cedar.  One was $500 and one was $50.  Go figure. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 04:12:26 PM »
Thanks for sharing, I love seeing all the different makers

Offline eman375

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 02:18:26 PM »
Great bunch of scratchers.  Gotta love their sweet, pure sound!