Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

ISO / WTB Sm/Med turkey vest, Cabelas tat'r primos etc

Started by Mizzouhntr, April 23, 2019, 07:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mizzouhntr

Hey guys and gals. I am a smaller framed dude and my Alps vest is bigger and bulkier than I prefer. Looking to get into a Small/med Cabelas tactical tat'r or primos gobbler vest. If someone has something different that may fit a smaller guy let me know. My cabelas, basspro, and Rogers son't have anything but big and bulky vests. I guess all turkey hunters are supposed to be 6'2 260 and not 5'10 160.

mmorgan9812

I don't know about the Cabela's vest but the Primos Gobbler vest runs huge. I am 6'0 165lbs and the small swallows me whole. I got rid of it, I have Alps and also had same problem. Knight and Hale Run & Gun fits great and is really good for Run and Gunning.

Borsy

Im 5'6" and the S/M Cabelas vests fit me great. Seems like im swimming in most other vests.

tha bugman

Quote from: Mizzouhntr on April 23, 2019, 07:15:35 PM
Hey guys and gals. I am a smaller framed dude and my Alps vest is bigger and bulkier than I prefer. Looking to get into a Small/med Cabelas tactical tat'r or primos gobbler vest. If someone has something different that may fit a smaller guy let me know. My cabelas, basspro, and Rogers son't have anything but big and bulky vests. I guess all turkey hunters are supposed to be 6'2 260 and not 5'10 160.
I would check out the Knight and Hale Run and Gun 200.  I am smaller as well and nothing has seemed to fit as well as this one.  The only other vest that has come close would be the Tac Tat'r

Mizzouhntr

Thank you for the suggestions. Only prob with the run n gun is no game carry bag

mmorgan9812

You wanting a Game Bag for decoys? If so the Knight & Hale comes with lanyard to attach to decoy's to carry them if I remember correctly.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: mmorgan9812 on April 24, 2019, 08:34:15 PM
You wanting a Game Bag for decoys? If so the Knight & Hale comes with lanyard to attach to decoy's to carry them if I remember correctly.
The RNG 300 does anyway.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tha bugman

Quote from: Mizzouhntr on April 24, 2019, 11:57:22 AM
Thank you for the suggestions. Only prob with the run n gun is no game carry bag
I just keep a string pack in the backpack just in case I need to shuck some clothes or other items.