Main Menu

Federal 3rd degree/with tss 5,6,7 ?

Started by erikmcgarrh, February 17, 2019, 01:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erikmcgarrh

Has anyone tried these yet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chipper

They are not Tss, #6 is flightstopper lead, # 5 is lead and # 7 is Tss. They shot got out of son in laws fathers gun.

chipper

I was wrong on the #7's they are Tss the older loads I believe were #7 HW 15gr/cc.  The 5 and 6 are lead. They shot pretty good with son in laws fathers gun but in 12 gauge, im gonna say in the 20 there isnt enough #7's in the load to make a big difference in patterns but they would hit like a truck if that is what makes it to the bird.

erikmcgarrh

chipper

Cant beat that price! Give them a run and let us know how they do!

BandedSpur

Can't blame you at that price, but the load would have been a heck of a lot more effective if they had used TSS9s instead of 7s. I guess they can sell them in states where 9s are not legal. That's why they're $14/box though - not much demand.

chipper

Quote from: BandedSpur on February 18, 2019, 08:15:23 AM
Can't blame you at that price, but the load would have been a heck of a lot more effective if they had used TSS9s instead of 7s. I guess they can sell them in states where 9s are not legal. That's why they're $14/box though - not much demand.
Yes sir! 9's and 9.5's for me, I started with 8's and they are very effective but if they would have used 9's instead it would have been a lot more appealing to the masses. Probably loaded for states that don't allow 9's though.

erikmcgarrh

Jroddc

erikmcgarrh

Quote from: Jroddc on February 24, 2019, 01:13:33 PM
3"? How far?
40 yards on the range finder and yes 3" 20 gauge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyScott

That is a very good pattern  for a 5x6x7 and a good price.

owlhoot

Tom Foolery

RED NECK

Very impressive.I would try those if I can find them,I have the older 3rd degree and they really did not pattern good out of 4 20 gauges past 30 yards.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........