turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal 3rd degree/with tss 5,6,7 ?

Started by erikmcgarrh, February 17, 2019, 01:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I just located the new federal 3rd degree 1 1/2 20 gauge shells and ordered 4 boxes.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

erikmcgarrh

I found mine at Walmart lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erikmcgarrh

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on February 24, 2019, 11:54:59 PM
Very impressive.I would try those if I can find them,I have the older 3rd degree and they really did not pattern good out of 4 20 gauges past 30 yards.

RED NECK

Quote from: erikmcgarrh on February 25, 2019, 03:57:46 PM
Very impressive.I would try those if I can find them,I have the older 3rd degree and they really did not pattern good out of 4 20 gauges past 30 yards.

those are triple beards,or just have the triple beard case in pic?I have them as well.I wasn't impressed with them past 30 yards.

erikmcgarrh

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on February 25, 2019, 07:38:13 PM
Quote from: erikmcgarrh on February 25, 2019, 03:57:46 PM

those are triple beards,or just have the triple beard case in pic?I have them as well.I wasn't impressed with them past 30 yards.
40 yard pattern with them I heard they're garbage but they like the .575 Carlson it this youth model lol

ahfox16

Saw them at Walmart today. Less then $14 for a 5 pack.  Did not buy any as I have a good bit of Heavyweight 7's in the inventory.

erikmcgarrh

Quote from: ahfox16 on February 26, 2019, 05:00:40 PM
Saw them at Walmart today. Less then $14 for a 5 pack.  Did not buy any as I have a good bit of Heavyweight 7's in the inventory.
I've always wanted to try the heavyweight #7 never got a chance I've heard good stuff about them.

nmsshooter

Which chokes are shooting best with the new 3rd degree?

erikmcgarrh

Quote from: nmsshooter on March 03, 2019, 04:13:29 AM
Which chokes are shooting best with the new 3rd degree?
I used my my factory turkey choke that came with my M3020

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: erikmcgarrh on February 24, 2019, 01:02:20 PM

Ttt with this one.
  Not to shabby with this pattern. These are back on the shelves at a (almost)reasonable price, 30 dollars a box. The meateater blend, I did pick up one box.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

AC 870

My pattern only looked decent with them when I patterned. But I misjudged the yardage and killed a turkey at 50 yards with the 3rd Degree.

ChesterCopperpot

I hate a duplex load. Always have. I'd rather shoot straight lead #4s (and did) than a mixed bag. Never had any duplex load pattern well and never understood the point.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on April 08, 2022, 08:21:09 AM
I hate a duplex load. Always have. I'd rather shoot straight lead #4s (and did) than a mixed bag. Never had any duplex load pattern well and never understood the point.

If it patterns good, I'll shoot it.

The old Remington 4x6 shot great out of my 835. Old black Winchester 4's did as well. Now my 20, loves to be fed Mag blend, I'll tinker with this Meateater to see how it patterns. If it does good I'll post it up.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

lacire

Quote from: erikmcgarrh on February 24, 2019, 01:02:20 PM

That'll work, good for a forty yard pattern.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

RED NECK

I have actually had pretty good luck with the new Federal 3rd degree 5-6-7's from a few 20's, I am taking some tomorrow to hopefully pattern from my Winchester sxp longbeard 20, as thats what Id like to shoot from that gun and they have shot well from my old sxp longbeard 20 ga and my sx4 turkey 20 ga. That 40 yard pattern is excellent,mine were strong too. I think I have 8 of them left, but I can pick up more locally,I found one spot has them for $22.95, the other place is $34.95 which is the correct price from basically every other shop and yes,they are the "new" ones, I think they are just trying to unload stock.