OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Franchi Affinity issue

Started by huntinsomd, February 10, 2019, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntinsomd

After seeing some of the reviews and photos of the Franchi Affinity 20 here and elsewhere on the internet I decided to buy one with the Bottomland camo finish. I ordered it from one of the popular online dealers and within a few days went to my ffl to pick it up. Upon opening the box and inspecting the gun I observed a scrape on the top of the receiver (1/4"x3/8") which went down to the metal. I also observed the worst camo dip finish I had ever seen from a factory finish. There were numerous spots where the dip didn't adhere/cover (white spots) the metal. Most of these spots were small and were located on the barrel. Is this close to normal quality control for a Franchi? I've owned several Benellis and Berettas and other dipped guns that didn't have any obvious issues with their finish. If this is somewhat normal for a Franchi maybe I should save a few hundred and buy a Stoeger instead! Any thoughts?

dejake

Not normal at all.  I would see about returning it.

Turkeytaker203

I have an Affinity 20 gauge and an Intensity 12 gauge. Both of them have perfect finishes and they are tough. They have held up better than my SX3's.

huntinsomd

I was hoping for replies like that! I did contact the company I purchased the gun from and sent them pictures. I'm waiting for a reply from their customer service department. Hopefully I can have this resolved this week so I can put the new turkey slayer together and test it out.

Thanks,
                                      Dave

CRS

I purchased the exact same gun last week and have the same issue.  Upon reaching out to Franchi they said I could send it back, but it would take up to 6 weeks to have it turned back around which would mean not having it for the start of turkey season.  Let me know what you hear back. 

tree-rat sniper

Not normal for a Franchi, see if the online dealer will exchange it for another.  Wouldn't hurt to ask them to inspect it either.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

huntinsomd

The first gun is being returned to the dealer and a second will be sent.I asked them to inspect the second gun before they ship it since I won't accept it if it isn't nearly perfect.

huntinsomd

So after receiving a second Franchi with damage to the top of the receiver, my ffl guy and I took a hard look at the packaging of the gun. We determined that both of the guns that had been shipped to me had damage from the barrel lug rubbing against the receiver during shipment. I sent the second gun back and received a refund from the company that I purchased it from. After spending alot of time researching online, I decided to drive to a dealer (2 hours away) to look at one of their Franchis to see if it had similar damage as the 2 that I had received. After looking at a couple guns I determined that those guns weren't damaged and had similar camo dip finishes to the ones I had ordered. I decided that even though the finish wasn't what I would expect from a gun in this price range that I would buy it anyway. Soon as I made it home, I installed a Carlson's .575 extended choke, Sumtoy mount, Vortex Venom and a matching sling. I can't wait to shoot this gun tomorrow and see how it performs with TSS!

tree-rat sniper

Looks good, let us know how it does.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!