OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: The Roaring 20s MMXIX Rogues Gallery  (Read 2438 times)

Online FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
The Roaring 20s MMXIX Rogues Gallery
« on: February 08, 2019, 12:21:40 PM »
Welcome my brothers!

This is our own dedicated folder for The Roaring 20's and this is where we will handle most communications, postings, scoring data, successes and Face-planting moments suffered at the scaley feet of a bird with a brain the size and shape of a vegan's sprig of organic cauliflower.

As is our annual tradition, please feel free to take a moment to introduce yourself to the team and tell us as much as you feel comfortable sharing. Let us know your name, what you do, where do you live, how long you've been hunting turkeys, etc. etc.

As we have seen through the years, the best teams have been the ones where everyone participates and feels free to discuss subjects that help us all be more successful in the spring turkey woods such as calling, callers, tactics, tricks, well you get the idea. By openly and freely sharing information here, we all have the potential to grow as better hunters in this magnificent sport.

Shoot early, shoot often.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline cramerhunts

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: The Roaring 20s MMXIX Rogues Gallery
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 07:16:23 PM »
Well I am definitely proud to be a three time member of the Roaring 20's so I'll throw a quick intro out there for those of you who I haven't met previously. My name is Phillip Cramer and I currently live in Goodyear, AZ. I have two beautiful daughters (16, 18), and a beautiful wife of 20 years. I have been chasing our devilish birds ever since I could walk and fortunately my oldest daughter got caught up in the passion. She completed her Royal Slam a couple years ago and since left me in the dust but I do have a few single season slams under my belt. My ambitions are a little less this year with hunts in Texas and Arizona but I should be able to contribute Lord willing.

http://

Offline paintbrush

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 07:36:28 PM »
Hi Guys!  Glad to once again be part of the Roaring 20's! I'm Bill Bongs from the frozen tundra of Brainerd MN. I'm now a semi-retired painting contractor. been chasing these birds for the past 28 years or so. I've got 1 slam under my belt, and this year I will be hunting in MN., SD., NE., and if I can swing it WI. Hopefully I can add a bird or 3 on the board for us. One of my biggest pleasures these days is hunting with my grandson. He's 14 and has been hunting and fishing with me since he's been 8.

Offline TKE921

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 08:59:41 PM »
I am CJ Broadwater from the hills of Lewisburg WV.  I am a pharmacist by trade and a turkey chaser by choice.  I have been hunting them since 2006 when I was introduced to the sport by my father-in-law.  I am taking my first trip to FL this year to chase the Osceola.  I am fortunate enough to be able to take off nearly the entire month of our WV turkey season.  My wife of 8 years is very understanding and doesn't mind that I use 90% of my vacation time to chase Thunder Chickens.....which just may be why I married her in the first place. 

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 06:11:01 PM »
Hey guy's Dwayne Bailey checking in for my third year on Norman's great team, I am 55, been married for 33 years, worked for UPS for 37 years. I live in Madison Ms. and I am blessed that both of my parents are still going strong at 89 and 87 years old and have 300 acre's that has birds. I also have a 500 acre lease all to my self and also in a club with 5000 acre's and I take 4 weeks of my vacation time to chase these wild birds. I started using a 20 gauge 4 years ago and man I wish I had started a long time ago. Good luck to all and be safe!

Online FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 08:06:54 PM »
My name is Norman Sisson and I live in Madison, MS just north of the capital city of Jackson. My wonderful wife and I have been married for right at 39 years and have raised 2 beautiful, strong and talented daughters who are out on their own. I have been chasing turkeys on and off since the spring of 1974 when I was at college at Mississippi State University. During the day I am a computer designer with an environmental engineering firm, and an artist at night working in graphite, acrylics, watercolors, sculpture and now digital graphics. I am a 2 time world champion of the wingbone yelper division of the Grand National NWTF Turkey Call Competition, but I have had to quit making them due to aging eyesight.

I started hunting with a 20 gauge after I won an NWTF Edition Remington 870 Express at our local banquet. I will be shooting Federal FC HW 7's this year. I have had some very good patterns with them in the past. I can usually be found annoying gobblers on public and private lands here in central Mississippi.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 11:58:29 AM »
Glad to be back on the team again this year. My name is Scott McDonald and I live in the booming metropolis of Beauregard MS (Just north of my home town Brookhaven). Been married to my best friend for going on 5yrs now and it just gets better every day. I've got a 13yr old daughter who completed her grand slam last spring. I'm an Instrumentation and Controls Technician at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station so my time is very limited with outages every other spring. But this year if all the holes in the cheese stay like they are right now I'll be off a lot for the first time in a while and I'm planning on making the most of it. Been hunting with a 20ga exclusively since Sandman got me hooked on TSS (yes its like crack, lol) back in 2013.  I'm chipping away at the US Super Slam and hope to knock a few more states out this spring.  I hope to get my Wife a bird this year and I hope to knock a few down with my newest build, its a 4.5lb rigged out Mossberg 510 mini super bantam 410 with a comp-n-choke. Looking forward to hearing about yalls hunts, good luck and have a blessed season.

Offline harleytom

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Tinypic
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 10:28:18 PM »
Well, I'm back for me 3rd year with OG's resident smallbore team. My name is Greg Crane and I live in Oxford, MS. I'm a pharmacist also but that just pays the bills for me to do what I love, chase turkeys. I'll be hunting both MS and AL this season. Have over 100 acres of family land, 600 acres of solo access lease and another 1200 acres of club land that I can hunt. Most of the land is new to me so I will be learning about the local residents as the season goes on, we'll see how that goes I suppose. Finished my Slam last season and got my oldest grandson his first bird last year. Hope I can get him out a few days again this year as well as hunting with my oldest son for the first time in 3 years. I look forward to sharing our adventures, success, and failures this season. Good luck to all of you, we're a little over a month away from opening day in the deep South.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline BR8898

• Philippians 4:13
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 05:10:22 AM »
 Hey guys! My name is Ricky McCall and I live in Brandon, Ms. I have wounderful wife that I have been married to for over 34 years. We have two beautiful daughters and one grandson. I’m currently working on my 38th year with United Parcel Service and I’m also the Pastor at New Life Assembly of God in Brandon, MS.  I have been hunting turkeys for over 22 years and still love it. Back in 2015 I detached my retina and had to have two surgeries on my eye. As I looked back on what I think cause my detachment. I do believe all them years I turkey hunted with a Mossberg 12 gauge shooting 3 1/2 shells produced so much trauma to my eye that it detached. So thanks to the new Technology in shells and chokes, I have now started hunting with a 20 gauge and I love it!!! It’s so much better!!! I don’t have to feel that old mule kick me anymore. I just want to say thanks for letting me be apart of the team.
I’m really looking forward to making some turkey hunting memories and also hearing about your hunting adventures.   
Good hunting and God bless!!! 

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 03:25:14 PM »
Glad to be back this year.  Jeff from PA.  Married 37 years (I think) and kids are grown and gone.   Been part of the R20's maybe 4? 5? years now.  By the way, Norman is the best captain on the planet.  Been on other teams in the past for reference.

Kinda of a crack addict when it comes to turkey hunting.  Seems like I think about it 365 days a year.  Actually have more fun hunting them than killing.  Once they are dead they all look the same.  Headed for HI in 3 weeks (family vacation, hehe) and then will see how the season unfolds.  Possible destinations are AL, TN, SC, GA, WV, OH and home state of PA.  All depends on how my work travel schedule works out. 

Just wanna wish you all luck and be safe.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 04:11:57 AM »
Name is Don.  Forget how many years it's been as a member of the roaring 20s.  Best group to be on and Norm is a great captain.  I'm going to be 46 this April and I've been a nurse now for going on 11 years.  Been turkey hunting for 35 years and practically grew up in the woods.  I was a combat SP in the Air Force in my 20s which gave me the opportunity to hunt in a number of states for a number of turkey species.  My wife of 2 years will tell anyone that will listen when spring rolls around that I "have a turkey hunting problem", which is the reason I'm never around and when I am I'm cleaning/prepping guns and gear to get ready to go turkey hunting. My father taught me and I LOVE taking young hunters out after big gobblers.  I am soon to be a grampa and can't wait until my granddaughter Maggie, who will be here in the next few weeks is old enough to take out too.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.