turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3 1-2

Started by Woodhaven, February 12, 2019, 08:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhaven

What is the best 3 1/2 in semi auto shotgun that won't  cost a lot?

zelmo1

Stoeger and Mossberg deserve a look. Don't skimp on the choke. A choke doesn't have to be expensive, just functional at hunting distances.

fallsflight

Remington Versa Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD_smith

wade

I like my Mossberg 935.
Do it outdoors

Boykin Hollow

bbcoach

935 is my answer as well.  Overbored barrel, Great patterns with many chokes available, reliable and won't break the bank.  Go shoulder several in your price range and see what feels right.  Good Luck with your choice.  Keep us posted.

LRD

Remington 870 Super Magnum

2eagles

Go handle a mossbrick, then pick up an SX3 or SX4 to see how it feels. No, I don't have one, but both of my sons do and I wish I did.
I might add one son shoots 3 1/2's at ducks, geese and turkeys. The other only shoots 3's. They both get the job done.

bchilde

Quote from: 2eagles on February 13, 2019, 06:36:06 AM
Go handle a mossbrick, then pick up an SX3 or SX4 to see how it feels. No, I don't have one, but both of my sons do and I wish I did.
I might add one son shoots 3 1/2's at ducks, geese and turkeys. The other only shoots 3's. They both get the job done.
I just bought a SX4 and to say I love it is an understatement. I called sumtoy and ordered a choke and the gun flat out shoots. Very light also. It's made at the same factory as the browning maxus.

Yoder409

Quote from: bchilde on February 13, 2019, 08:43:43 AM
Quote from: 2eagles on February 13, 2019, 06:36:06 AM
I just bought a SX4 and to say I love it is an understatement. I called sumtoy and ordered a choke and the gun flat out shoots. Very light also. It's made at the same factory as the browning maxus.

I don't have a SX4 yet..................... but I do have an SX2 and an SX3.  INCREDIBLE guns !!!!!!!  The SX4 just HAS to be more of a good thing !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Woodhaven

Does anyone know about the Remington Bailey 3 1/2