OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Winchester Sxp Longbeard 20 gauge  (Read 23100 times)

Offline Buckrub

Re: Winchester Sxp Longbeard 20 gauge
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2019, 06:22:53 AM »
 I'm totally satisfied with my trigger !! It has a thin "pubic hair" of creep ,then tite and a crisp break.

Offline PEPPERHEAD

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2019, 07:14:34 PM »
I just bought this gun. The trigger is horrible. I thought I had let the safety on. It will be going to the gunsmith.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2019, 12:54:31 PM »
I just bought this gun. The trigger is horrible. I thought I had let the safety on. It will be going to the gunsmith.
I should have mine back tomorrow evening.I just got back from talking to my friend about the insides,he said they are all plastic and cheap parts.I already knew it was just a beater up turkey gun.He has it apart and is doing the work tomorrow,he said it was the worst pos trigger and parts he has seen.I hope to carry it a bit next week.As long as it goes boom and the trigger pull is fixed.I am happy.
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline PEPPERHEAD

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2019, 08:48:47 PM »
Mine seems very inconsistent. The trigger feels ok sometimes while other it is like pulling a boat anchor.
On a better note it patterned good. I got 345 in a 10" circle, 40 yards, using Federal TSS #9 Carlson .568

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2019, 09:24:16 AM »
I just went and picked up my gun,I was expecting it back a few days ago but things come up and he got busy,I am more than happy with the trigger,it seems crisp and normal now.It cost me a hundred dollars and was quicker and easier than dealing with browning/winchester customer service.I have heard wait times of over a year for parts/new trigger.

I already had it dialed in and patterned but I did take scope off when I dropped it off with him,so after the winter storm and 20 mm of rain end I will go and double check it all and make sure i am dialed in again 110%,I believe It won't take very much at all,like maybe 1-2 shells.

I may stick it out this year with the scope but I am looking into adding the vortex venom for next spring on this gun.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2019, 09:26:14 AM »
I plan on carrying the gun most of the next week or so,after the storm we are finally supposed to get nice weather for a week or so.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2019, 01:13:41 PM »
I have spent some time today oiling the gun and I took all the spacers out on the stock and find It fits me even better,I also decided to keep it as light as possible and put a reflex sight on it instead of the scope.I am going to get out tomorrow evening after,or should I say in between storms and get it dialed in and patterned and ready for the weekend.I feel a lot better with the trigger being done and am excited again to enjoy hunting with the setup.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2019, 07:21:52 AM »
I am definitely going to get out later this evening to dial in and pattern the gun again.The trigger is night and day better than it was from factory.I also find it a lot better fit with both spacers out of stock and with just a little reflex sight mounted,very light and mobile.I will be adding the vortex venom on this gun in the future.

I am going to pattern a handful of shells but will be shooting the Federal #7 Tss from this gun,I want to see how a few other shells pattern at 40 yards.

Setup is....
-Winchester sxp longbeard 20 gauge-Mossy oak obsession
- .555 Indian Creek choke
-Reflex sight on weaver base.
-The Claw sling (Realtree Apg)
-Federal Tss #7

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2019, 07:15:16 PM »
I went up and patterned the gun again,I did have to slightly adjust the scope to the left and up a tad.I patterned hevi 6,mag blends and the tss #7,The mag blends were outstanding at the distance i shot them at,I may just use them as well.The tss was amazing as well.The hevi 6 was ok,40 yard pattern at best.I didn't bother with the reflex sight,I figure I already spent the money on the scope,might as well use it this season.I will have a vortex venom for next spring on this gun.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2019, 07:59:47 AM »
I thought it over a little and figured that,with the complete downpour today,I have time to take the scope off and re dial in this evening with reflex sight and with the mag blends patterning as well as they did.I am going to pattern them again and shoot them from this gun,I can get them for 55% less than the Tss #7 and already have 5 boxes,I will order another 10 of them the next month to stock pile and keep the Tss # 7's for my tc encore single shot.The gun feels heavy and clunky with the scope mounted but light and mobile with reflex sight,that is why I want to change it up.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2019, 08:49:17 AM »
Took everything off,put the little screws back on and plan on shooting the fiber optics for this year.The gun is so much lighter and better feeling without the big scope on it,The difference in feel is amazing as I love the feel of a scope on my tc encore 20 gauge and do not plan on changing that setup but on this gun it feels heavy and clunky.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2019, 03:09:13 PM »
I patterned it with just fiber optics Friday afternoon and hunted with gun on Saturday,no chance I am putting anything on this gun,It feels so much better with just the fiber optics,light and easier to carry,not to mention.Deadly.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2019, 02:25:35 PM »
After buying a Bushnell trs for another 20 gauge,I had to get one for this gun,I went and picked it up today and mounted it,I will dial it in on weekend or early next week.I still need to buy one more Bushnell trs 25 for my tc encore,but that is for next season.Great little red dot and adds hardly any weight.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2020, 06:27:39 PM »
I brought the longbeard out of the safe today,I just ordered a new red dot for this gun as I am using the trs 25 on another gun.I will get this out when new sight arrives and dial it in and pattern it.I am sure I will get it out for a few hunts this year.

Offline Fredmngs

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2020, 09:39:14 PM »
Post again when you pattern it. I’d love to see. I’m praying the range is open this weekend like I’ve been hearing so I can pattern mine again. Put a Sumtoy .562 and sig Romeo 5 red dot on it. Figured it was tiny so it’ll be super light. This corona  is hammering my area so nothing is has been open except gun stores, pet stores, and food basically .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk