turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester Sxp Longbeard 20 gauge

Started by RED NECK, February 06, 2019, 04:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

Thank you,I do not believe Midway will ship a choke to Ontario.If I can't find it at Bass pro,I will order through Indian creek.I really like the gun but am not impressed with the choke it comes with at all.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

I decided to mount a scope for this year,I shouldered it with reflex sights,fiber sights and a scope with the different configurations of cheek pieces and stock lop pieces and decided to go with a scope.I had a 4x32 Bushnell circle plex in the box of extra's,So I spent half an hour and wrapped it in realtree xtra green today and mounted it on the gun.

RED NECK

I purchased the primos tightwad .570 for the gun,I tried to find an ic .555 but bass pro up here does not have it and ic never emailed me back for 5 days.I am going to a gun show tomorrow,maybe I will find another choke but I am pretty sure the tightwad will do what I need,It seems to shoot most ammo very well out of most 20 gauges,and I have a ton of different ammo choices to test.

chatterbox

Should give William at SumToy a ring!
He will work with you to get you what you want with the Ammo you're shooting

RED NECK

I have been stockpiling ammo for a year,I really have no idea what ammo I will be shooting out of this gun yet.I have spent over 500 dollars on ammo the last month,trying to stockpile it, for all my 20 gauges,just ordered 3 more boxes of long beard #6 today with the choke.I have to place one more order for 5 boxes of mag blend and one last order for 3-4 boxes of hevi 6's and I need to pick the boxes of tss I purchased up yet.I am trying to hoard it,just in case I cant find it up here,which would be a real headache after buying all the guns.In my area,they are starting to bring a bit of the good 20 gauge ammo in,after I have been explaining that the old lead loads are a thing of the past.

DBell

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 01, 2019, 07:34:32 PM
I have been stockpiling ammo for a year,I really have no idea what ammo I will be shooting out of this gun yet.I have spent over 500 dollars on ammo the last month,trying to stockpile it, for all my 20 gauges,just ordered 3 more boxes of long beard #6 today with the choke.I have to place one more order for 5 boxes of mag blend and one last order for 3-4 boxes of hevi 6's and I need to pick the boxes of tss I purchased up yet.I am trying to hoard it,just in case I cant find it up here,which would be a real headache after buying all the guns.In my area,they are starting to bring a bit of the good 20 gauge ammo in,after I have been explaining that the old lead loads are a thing of the past.
Hevi shot #6 did not do well out of both the  .565 trulock and the .570 Rob Roberts in both my 870 (21 and 26 inch barrels). I'm interested to see how the mag blends do for you. I thought about trying some but at $25 a box, would rather plunge into TSS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED NECK

the mag blends are dynamite from my tc encore 20 ga single shot,that's why i bought them.I will have enough for a decade.

DBell

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 01, 2019, 11:41:54 PM
the mag blends are dynamite from my tc encore 20 ga single shot,that's why i bought them.I will have enough for a decade.
Is that with the .570 tightwad? Have any pics or numbers you remember at 35-40 yards?
I'm still considering trying a box for the heck of it. So the 5,6,7 hevi blend is comparable to 4,5,6 lead?

RED NECK

the mag blends shoot amazing out of the tc with the stock turkey choke and I believe It was around 35-40 pellets in the head and neck.I don't really count numbers and take pictures of my targets as I am not a numbers guy,just a hunter looking for the pattern I prefer at 40 yards with a shell,choke and gun combo.I also had great pattern at 40 yards with lb #6 with the long beard Carlson choke .568 from the same gun.

RED NECK

The tightwad choke and the 3 boxes of long beard #6's arrived.I am hoping the weather is nice and I can get out near end of march to pattern some of my guns and decide which ammo from which gun for the spring.

DUCKDIGGLER

THK.....any updates sir? I will be setting up my SXP 20 ga in a week or so.....I am following your thread with great interest. Thank you for your efforts so far!  :OGturkeyhead:

RED NECK

I havent been out or had any time,hopefully this weekend I will pattern a few guns.

DUCKDIGGLER

RED NECK

as for getting out and patterning the 4 guns I may use this spring,the weather forecast for my days off are not very friendly with extremely high winds and buckets of rain.I am hoping that april 6th in the afternoon is the day I get out and get them patterned.Our season opens april 25th,I have lots of time.I would hope the winds will die down but the last few weeks have been windy and we are still getting snow and have two feet of snow on ground yet.

RED NECK

I am going for a tour today to spend some money,maybe.I am looking for a choke with at least a .560 or tighter constriction for this gun,maybe a few other items.I may buy another scope to try out if I find the one I want.