OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester Sxp Longbeard 20 gauge

Started by RED NECK, February 06, 2019, 04:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I have been away in the bush for a few days getting my bear baits up and going.I spent a lot of time patterning this gun with the fiber optics,as I am waiting for a little red dot to use on it.I threaded in a primos tite wad and all I can say is.....wow.

I shot all these types of ammo at 40 yards,I did save the sheets/targets but they are still up at my camp and I didn't get a chance to take pictures,I will and I also shot gun at distances we don't speak of.I will be happy to email you pics of the best three patterns at 40 and..

Hands down the Hevi #6,Mag blend 5,6,7 and the one that really really impressed me was the Federal 3rd degree 5,6,7 "new flitecontrol flex wad works in all chokes"

I also shot a handful of other loads that I wouldn't trust past 30-35,the Winchester longbeard #6's were another strong performer at 40 yards.Any of those 4 shells at 40 yards and he is dead.

That gun impressed me,I was turned off after buying it and it having a shitty trigger but It is definitely a awesome patterning little gun.

I am going to find a few more boxes of the Fed 3rd degree and I am stocked on mag blends with 11 boxes and still have 3 of the hevi #6's.

I should have little red dot this week and get it mounted and sighted in,still have 10 days to season.This gun will get it's turn It will be 3rd on the rotation instead of 4-5th.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

I had some time after treeing some birds tonight to grab my targets that I shot last week with this gun,I shot all these with the fiber optics.I have mounted a reflex sight and am dialing it in tomorrow evening,I am planning on shooting the Federal 3rd degree 5,6,7. I would not hesitate to shoot any of these either.I am very happy with the way this gun patterns and shoots.

RED NECK

RED NECK

RED NECK