OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion - Wednesday - 4/27/11

Started by lightsoutcalls, April 27, 2011, 09:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

I apologize that my schedule has me running behind today.  I am attaching the devotion I received from Dr. Michael Youssef in my email this morning.  Have a blessed day.

April 27, 2011

Until He Returns

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

Christ will return and His return should motivate us to work hard and give sacrificially for the work of God. In the parable of the ten minas in Luke 19, Jesus essentially said that we are to remain occupied in working hard for His kingdom until He returns.

There are two types of Christians: those who occupy themselves with God's work and those who do not. Which one are you?

Are you taking advantage of every opportunity to witness for Christ? Are you being faithful with God's blessings and resources? Are you serving God with all of your heart and soul?

During this life we will be refined with fire that will test us: are we laying a foundation of material wealth or of eternal blessings? Are we working for our own glory and comfort, or for the furthering of God's kingdom?

What does God want us to do until He returns? As Christians we are called to serve Him willingly and to obediently do whatever He calls us to. We are to witness to those who do not follow Christ, lovingly warn them of the coming judgment, and joyfully share of God's love and plan of salvation. We are to equip and encourage our fellow believers so that they may also go forth and further God's kingdom.

Prayer: Father, I pray that I will spend my days working for the furthering of Your kingdom and not for my own personal gain. Amen.

"""But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth" (Acts 1:8).

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Roostem33

Thanks for sharing Wendell!! Have a great day!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Great accountability Wendell!!

How easy it is for me at times to focus on I, rather than Jesus!!

God Bless,
David B.

turkey slayer