OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who uses TSS loads?

Started by roverboy, February 03, 2019, 02:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roverboy

I just wondered how popular the TSS loads are with the members on here. I've never tried them myself. I shoot Winchester Longbeard XR and can't see that I need anything "better". I think they're a good idea in 20 gauge and smaller calibers but, In 12 gauge most guns and choke combos will kill great to 40 yards. Just my 2 pennies.
Listen for the gobble

wchadw

I tried federal tss #9s last year. They are better than the long beard XR but they cost more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmf

I do.  and I don't are if other loads will kill just as dead, I'm gonna shoot the best that I can afford... period.  If they come out with gold plates unobtanium waffle shot that is better than tss I'll shoot that.

wchadw

At 40 yard shooting targets there is quite a big difference in the number of shot in kill zones

Gobble!

I do. Loaded my own a few years now. No desire to buy factory TSS loads though.

jryser

Nobody really needs TSS. Lead works great - but I roll my own TSS shells because I enjoy it, love seeing birds fold under my hand loads, and like the better odds with more pellets.

Gooserbat

I've been looking my own for a few years now.  I haven't found anything better.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

BandedSpur

Been loading and shooting them for ten years. Nothing else comes close.

Fullfan

We use them also, like others I load my own and enjoy it. Killing birds with the shells I have loaded is rewarding.
Don't gobble at me...

KentuckyLB

My 2nd year with Apex and Nitro .. so far loving them. Shot Nitro hevishot for past 18 years..

Sand Man

Quote from: BandedSpur on February 04, 2019, 06:42:00 AM
Been loading and shooting them for ten years. Nothing else comes close.

Ditto.  Killed my slam using handloads in my 20ga.  Working on my slam with handloads in my 28ga.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

roverboy

I know they are awesome but, for my money I'm satisfied with Longbeards. Like I said in 16 gauge , 20 and smaller they are great. But, I've killed several at around 40 yards and absolutely rolled those birds. I personally am good. For everybody else keep using what works.
Listen for the gobble

jryser

Quote from: roverboy on February 04, 2019, 07:26:20 PM
I know they are awesome but, for my money I'm satisfied with Longbeards. Like I said in 16 gauge , 20 and smaller they are great. But, I've killed several at around 40 yards and absolutely rolled those birds. I personally am good. For everybody else keep using what works.
Absolutely agree with you. I love that this thread supports each other's likes!

Parrot Head

Year 4 for me with the hand loads. 

tha bugman

TSS cause I haven't shot anything that has ever held a candle to it.... :fud: