OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Who uses TSS loads?  (Read 4216 times)

Offline bchilde

Re: Who uses TSS loads?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 03:47:09 PM »
I made the switch to tss this year. 

Offline MS Boy

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 11:28:44 AM »
Shooting Nitro TSS this year it is wicked on the target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Coop1082

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 02:34:04 PM »
I do. Handloaded 2 3/4” 1 7/16 oz loads for the 20 gauge.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Offline deerpoo22

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 02:59:27 PM »
Another here. I don't have the time to hunt outta state so with PA hunting I shoot 1 shell to be sure its POA/POI is intact then with luck 2 birds so 3 shells a year is well worth it for me. If I hunted multiple states I'd probably hunt with longbeards just because of the cost

Offline Gen.27:3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019, 12:43:01 AM »
I am going to give tss a try this year. I have shot Nitro loads for years, but I am going to give the federal tss a shot
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Offline haystaddle

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019, 07:22:36 AM »
Just started loading it myself this year. Now if the weather ever agrees I’ll pattern it.

Offline Chordeiles

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2019, 05:52:43 AM »
I’m gonna try the Federal TSS, this spring.
The only thing I’ve shot with them so far is paper, but I was quite impressed.

Offline Walkerhuntfish

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2019, 07:56:19 AM »
I decided to try it last season but was only able to get one box of the federal in no.7. It shot real close to the same pattern as my longbeards. I didn’t kill a bird with it but the selling point for me was when I shot a coyote that busted my setup while working a bird. The tss hit him like a freight train at 40 yards.

Online Goblen

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2019, 04:07:52 PM »
I started loading Tss this year. I'm happy with my decision. 2 3/4" 1158 fps, 2oz #9

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2019, 04:32:03 PM »
I know they are awesome but, for my money I'm satisfied with Longbeards. Like I said in 16 gauge , 20 and smaller they are great. But, I've killed several at around 40 yards and absolutely rolled those birds. I personally am good. For everybody else keep using what works.
Absolutely agree with you. I love that this thread supports each other’s likes!

I’d like to try the 9’s if they ever become legal in my state. The 7’s really haven’t impressed me all that much where I’d change right now.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Offline jryser

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2019, 07:12:46 PM »
I know they are awesome but, for my money I'm satisfied with Longbeards. Like I said in 16 gauge , 20 and smaller they are great. But, I've killed several at around 40 yards and absolutely rolled those birds. I personally am good. For everybody else keep using what works.
Absolutely agree with you. I love that this thread supports each other’s likes!

I’d like to try the 9’s if they ever become legal in my state. The 7’s really haven’t impressed me all that much where I’d change right now.
Indiana is 7 1/2 and it makes a difference having used #5 lead for many many years. The thing I like most is the quality control. That and the zen place I go when I’m loading.

Offline SOCOM304

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »
This spring will be my first season using TSS. I’m eventually gonna load my own. I’ve used he isbot and Fed heavyweight for years with awesome results. I can only imagine how TSS is gonna be. To me, switching to Hevi 13 was like when I first switched to carbon shafts in my bow. The Fed HVYWT was like goin to small diameter,heavy walled shafts. TSS is gonna be like small diameter shafts with brass inserts. It’s gonna hit like a freight train!! But at the end of the day, it’s whatever you have confidence in. Lead or TSS or anything in between. Good luck and safe hunting to all.

Offline SOCOM304

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2019, 11:31:33 AM »
Autocorrect got me!! That was intended to say Hevi shot, not isbot!!! Lol

Offline LRD

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2019, 09:12:01 PM »
I shoot hand loaded TSS #9s in a 20 ga. They shoot as well as my 3.5" 12 with longbeards. I switched where I could shoot a lighter 20 with less recoil without being under gunned. I would still shoot longbeards if toting the 12.

Offline KeyDett

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2019, 12:21:27 PM »
This is the first year I’m using tss. I have always loved longbeards so I feel like I have a really good safety net.  I’m hoping they do well for what they cost.