OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Looking at HIVIZ for front sight on son's gun. Any other suggestions???  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Coroner01

I feel like a horse's butt as last year I believed in a Charles Daly semi auto shotgun that failed my son. The gobbler's were less than 12 yards, strutting, drumming, and carrying on.  Yep, gun failed us. So, I purchased a camo Remington 870 Magnum and it needs a bright front sight.  Suggestions are needed. Thanks gang, always God Bless and be safe. AL

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
Re: Looking at HIVIZ for front sight on son's gun. Any other suggestions???
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 08:36:16 AM »
TruGlo pro series or Williams slugger sights

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 04:36:24 PM »
I like the Williams sights too. If the kid is young or anyone really I like the Williams ghost ring best. It’s the same except the back is a peep. Keeps the head down but other than that the same.

Offline Deputy 14

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 07:56:58 AM »
Either the Truglo Pro series or Williams as above stated.

Offline daddyduke

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 08:45:11 AM »
Dead Ringer Beard Buster sights on all my 870s. Great sight just use blue loctite on screws and Don't over tighten.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 11:40:29 AM »
If you are looking for a front sight bead only, i can recommend the Champion Easy Hit fiber optic bead. It comes in 2.75 and 5 inch lengths and two diameters, 2.5 and 3 mm.Two colors are available, red and green. It is extremely bright and durable. My son and i have several of the 2.75/ 2.5mm models, and they work great. They are held on with double sided tape that is very strong, so make sure it is placed where you want it when installing the sight. I wanted to remove one to switch it to another gun and i had to use a razor blade to cut it off! Good luck to you and your son this season.

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 12:04:00 PM »
If you are looking for a front sight bead only, i can recommend the Champion Easy Hit fiber optic bead. It comes in 2.75 and 5 inch lengths and two diameters, 2.5 and 3 mm.Two colors are available, red and green. It is extremely bright and durable. My son and i have several of the 2.75/ 2.5mm models, and they work great. They are held on with double sided tape that is very strong, so make sure it is placed where you want it when installing the sight. I wanted to remove one to switch it to another gun and i had to use a razor blade to cut it off! Good luck to you and your son this season.

Yes, the best bead available in my opinion. The dia. is small but PLENTY visible. It stays where you put it...

Offline Ahab

I have a hiviz on my gun it works great I can't remember the model but it comes with different colors so can switch from green to red to white way brighter than the stock one that the dipper lost :) Happy accident.
 went and looked it is a spark III about twelve dollars
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 02:51:17 PM by Ahab »

Offline gobblers roost

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Dead ringer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk