OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Starting over... browning maxus or Benellli super black eagle 2???  (Read 4969 times)

Offline BrowningGuy88

• Longbeard
Re: Starting over... browning maxus or Benellli super black eagle 2???
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019, 11:09:02 AM »
I went through this a couple years ago and ended up with the Maxus.

That said, if I bought another Maxus with the intentions of mounting an optic I'd buy the universal hunter since it is already drilled and tapped.

Mine shoots to the double beads with Indian Creek and SumToy chokes and Winchester Longbeards. I haven't tried TSS in it that I remember anyway.

Offline KyScott

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 07:32:25 PM »
I own a Browning Silver, 2 new Browning A5’s and an older Win SX2 and if I were gonna build a dedicated auto Turkey I would go with the Versamax Turkey 22 incher.

Why?
1. American made.
2. My dedicated gun for the last 10 years has been Remmy 870 Max Gobbler 23 incher no vent rib.
3. It’s has a 22 inch barrel with rifle sights as a back up if red dot bites the dust no vent rib.
4. Already drilled and tapped.
5. Messy tactical makes a nice pistol grip stock for it.
6. It can be bought for around $900 at Ky Gun Co.
7. It has a very good reputation of being a little easier on recoil than other autos for big candle sticks.

Good luck on you’re search!

Offline BrowningGuy88

• Longbeard
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2019, 07:47:27 PM »
I own a Browning Silver, 2 new Browning A5’s and an older Win SX2 and if I were gonna build a dedicated auto Turkey I would go with the Versamax Turkey 22 incher.

Why?
1. American made.
2. My dedicated gun for the last 10 years has been Remmy 870 Max Gobbler 23 incher no vent rib.
3. It’s has a 22 inch barrel with rifle sights as a back up if red dot bites the dust no vent rib.
4. Already drilled and tapped.
5. Messy tactical makes a nice pistol grip stock for it.
6. It can be bought for around $900 at Ky Gun Co.
7. It has a very good reputation of being a little easier on recoil than other autos for big candle sticks.

Good luck on you’re search!

My best friend and main hunting buddy has this gun and it is sweet. He just uses the Factory sights on his and runs Mag Blends. It’s a death wish for toms!

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2019, 08:26:11 PM »
I'd stick with the 870,but if your set on spending money the Sbe2 would be one of my last choices for Turkey's and I own 2 of them. I also own a Sbe1Heckler/Koch from the early 90's. The Sbe2's are very finicky(lots of poa/poi problems). If i wanted to go Benelli and Tss I would buy the Benelli 20gauge M2.

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 04:48:01 PM »
Winchester SX4 Universal hunter 12 gauge MPN # 511216290. Just check out all the specs on Winchester's website. It's drilled & tapped so you can put your optics on it and if you go to gun.deals and do a search using the MPN  there will come up a list of dealers that have it,the cost,and how much shipping is. Ones in black are in stock ,ones in red are out. BUT BEFORE you make your decision,  go to a gun store and handle them....even the ones that you may not have considered before. Alot of minds have been changed after actually handling different guns. Any way you go GOOD LUCK!!!!

Offline jrinny

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 05:22:34 PM »
I have both an Sx3 and a Sbe2. They both shoot great patterns and I use them both. The Benelli shoots exactly to the point of aim and it seems to fit me slightly better. The Winchester did not shoot to point of aim- so it wears a Burris FF3. Wet weather- I take the Benelli. When my daughter goes turkey hunting with me- I take the Benelli as the red dot and gas operated Winchester is easier on her.

Offline Boykin Hollow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 05:28:52 PM »
Nothing but a SBE 1 for me,  worth every dime you spend if you can find one. 

Offline gobblers roost

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 12:33:58 PM »
Sbe11

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk