OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Facemask with Glasses  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
Re: Facemask with Glasses
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2023, 05:05:13 PM »
I just looked at a Nomad gaiter style facemask. Nice and all but $13 to ship a piece of stretch nylon Ill just keep using the old 1.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2023, 08:04:14 PM »
I put cat crap .

Good stuff, though I have not tried the paste.

The paste is more effective then the spray.
Used together is a good combo. Try some.
Added that and a microfiber clothe to my cart.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Marc

• Double Beard
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2023, 07:31:19 PM »
Eye doc here...

•   (Good) Anti-glare coatings tend to fog less than lenses without ant-glare.  Cheap anti-glare coatings may fog more than no anti-glare coatings.
•   Anti-fog sprays help (about 30%).
•   Mouth-breathing is NOT your friend here.
•   Most important thing is to make sure the mask is tucked under the glasses though.  Nose-piece of my glasses is resting on the mask...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2023, 07:46:16 PM »
Eye doc here...

•   (Good) Anti-glare coatings tend to fog less than lenses without ant-glare.  Cheap anti-glare coatings may fog more than no anti-glare coatings.
•   Anti-fog sprays help (about 30%).
•   Mouth-breathing is NOT your friend here.
•   Most important thing is to make sure the mask is tucked under the glasses though.  Nose-piece of my glasses is resting on the mask...
Thanks for the advise, getting ready to go get exam on Friday, I plan to get the ultra lite or maybe they call them feather lite lenses with I think it would be called transitions and I can't get anti glare with those as I seem to recall. Is there a big difference between glass and plastic (Maybe synthetic would be a better term?) in how much they fog? I always get the synthetic as glass weighs so much for my prescription. Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline Marc

• Double Beard
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2023, 01:34:31 AM »
Thanks for the advise, getting ready to go get exam on Friday, I plan to get the ultra lite or maybe they call them feather lite lenses with I think it would be called transitions and I can't get anti glare with those as I seem to recall. Is there a big difference between glass and plastic (Maybe synthetic would be a better term?) in how much they fog? I always get the synthetic as glass weighs so much for my prescription. Thanks.
You can get anti-glare (AR) on any lenses…  Just as with any optics, the higher quality costs more.  Big-chain stores tend to sell lower quality coatings (with no choices).  Private docs generally have some choices, but the better AR coatings cost more.  Mine are all warranted for a year against scratching.  I no longer offer the poorer coatings and give patients a choice between medium and higher quality (too many issues with patient dissatisfaction on lower quality).

Transitions (or more properly photochromic) lenses actually work better with an anti-glare (AR) coating.  Transitions get darker based on UV exposure.  Lots of choices now.  You can get lenses that change faster but do not get as dark, or lenses that get really dark but do not change quickly.  Grey color gets darker, brown offers more contrast.  For straight polarized lenses I go with brown or copper (for contrast) but for photochromic my choice is grey.

Materials:
Glass – best optical quality, thickest/heaviest, and can shatter.  Difficult to deal with, and quite expensive.
Standard Plastic (CR-39) good optical quality but thicker.
Polycarbonate- thinner, lighter (than CR-39), UV protection and impact resistant, but poor optical quality and scratch easier
Trivex similar to Polycarbonate but much better optical quality and scratch resistant.  Best impact resistant lenses.
High Index is thinner and lighter than any of the lenses with good optical quality.  AR coatings really add to that optical quality.

Anti-glare adds to the optical quality of almost all lens materials...  I do not recommend it for glass though.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2023, 05:14:24 AM »
You can get anti-glare (AR) on any lenses…  Just as with any optics, the higher quality costs more.  Big-chain stores tend to sell lower quality coatings (with no choices).  Private docs generally have some choices, but the better AR coatings cost more.  Mine are all warranted for a year against scratching.  I no longer offer the poorer coatings and give patients a choice between medium and higher quality (too many issues with patient dissatisfaction on lower quality).

Transitions (or more properly photochromic) lenses actually work better with an anti-glare (AR) coating.  Transitions get darker based on UV exposure.  Lots of choices now.  You can get lenses that change faster but do not get as dark, or lenses that get really dark but do not change quickly.  Grey color gets darker, brown offers more contrast.  For straight polarized lenses I go with brown or copper (for contrast) but for photochromic my choice is grey.

Materials:
Glass – best optical quality, thickest/heaviest, and can shatter.  Difficult to deal with, and quite expensive.
Standard Plastic (CR-39) good optical quality but thicker.
Polycarbonate- thinner, lighter (than CR-39), UV protection and impact resistant, but poor optical quality and scratch easier
Trivex similar to Polycarbonate but much better optical quality and scratch resistant.  Best impact resistant lenses.
High Index is thinner and lighter than any of the lenses with good optical quality.  AR coatings really add to that optical quality.

Anti-glare adds to the optical quality of almost all lens materials...  I do not recommend it for glass though.

Thank you very much for that, better information than I normally get. With my glasses I tend to spend more than I can really afford but it is worth it in the long run I think. I am going to get a set of amber UV blocking lenses before next winter for driving. Just have to get used to all the blues looking black. You have me thinking of changing to brown lenses instead of gray, may help with hunting by the sounds, just wonder if they would mess up how I see things for my photography?

John Koenig: