OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Quaker Boy Easy Yelper gets it done!  (Read 4620 times)

Offline Divenut2

Quaker Boy Easy Yelper gets it done!
« on: May 21, 2018, 01:20:34 PM »
While not a high end call,  I  have grown to really like my Quaker Boy Easy Yelper over the years.  It was all I needed to bring in a couple hens down from the bluff they roost on...followed minutes later be these two nice Toms. All it took when a few soft yelps followed by some soft purrs.  Then boom...boom. Tagged out! Never touched any of my other calls LOL!

Be well folks,

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 05:09:33 PM by Divenut2 »
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Offline Divenut2

Re: Quaker Boy Easy Yelper gets it done!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 01:23:51 PM »
Now I gotta  start thinking about the fall season  :blob10:
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 03:29:36 PM »
Killed my first with one. I sure wish I knew what happened to that call.

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 01:18:38 PM »
IMO the quaker boy easy yelper , the standard not the waterproof or deluxe walnut.....is one of the best commercially made push pins, if not the best (commercially ...mass produced that is )

Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 07:15:34 PM »
IMO the quaker boy easy yelper , the standard not the waterproof or deluxe walnut.....is one of the best commercially made push pins, if not the best (commercially ...mass produced that is )

Shannon
I have had one since before my car accident in 2001 and have always had a hard time with it. I can't seem to get that wire set right and when I start to use it it just pops up on me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 08:37:23 PM »

Shannon
I have had one since before my car accident in 2001 and have always had a hard time with it. I can't seem to get that wire set right and when I start to use it it just pops up on me.
the wire on most commercial calls is "typically " high in tension....typically because alot of mass produced calls are marketed towards having folks.yelp.by PUSHING the pin , and not PULLING it like you should

The spring on each push pin (piano spring wire type, not coil type )can be adjusted by pulling to lengthen it , or push it together to shorten it ...be careful doing so....
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon