OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: trigger trouble  (Read 2416 times)

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
trigger trouble
« on: February 04, 2019, 09:35:16 AM »
Took my Remington SP-10 to the range yesterday to pattern some with a new choke.  I made one shot, replaced the target, reloaded another round and the trigger was stuck.  I unloaded and removed the trigger assembly.  It would work outside the gun no problem, put it back in the gun and it started doing it again.  This repeated a couple of times after I sprayed some oil in the trigger assembly.  Finally after several tries I got it to working again.  Any ideas as to what could have caused it?  The only thing that I could think of was that the bolt release could have jammed.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: trigger trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 03:55:33 PM »
Did you find out what caused the problem yet? I have heard on some waterfowl forums that the buffers can deteriorate over time on the sp10's? If that is a possibility, then maybe a small piece migrated into the trigger group or is causing it to cycle improperly? Hope you get it figured out, curious as to what would do that myself.

Online BTH

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Proverbs 3:5-6. I like the snood!
Re: trigger trouble
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 04:34:54 PM »
Is that little paperclip looking spring pin behind the bolt release retaining pin seated all the way?
Phil 4:13