OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Sights Getting Bumped  (Read 1496 times)

Offline kennedyh1990

Sights Getting Bumped
« on: January 30, 2019, 07:01:12 PM »
Been thinking of switching from beads to a red dot style sight this season. Just wondering if sights getting bumped is an issue? Never have had much experience with red dots.

Offline compton30

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Sights Getting Bumped
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 07:29:09 PM »
A sight getting bumped is a concern with any optic. However, I've probably worried less about my Venom getting knocked off than any other optic. You don't realize how small and low profile it is until you get it.

There is a fellow around this forum who builds a protective housing for red dots though if you find it to be a concern. I think his name is Gobbler something. Dig around here and you can find it. I've never felt that it was necessary, though they do look well built.

Offline tnanh

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 06:57:23 PM »
Gobbler 74. Sum toy also builds a one piece base and guard. I have done business with both, Sum Toy a lot. Both are good people and easy to deal with.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 09:42:00 AM »
this will help
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline BennieGobbler

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 10:00:31 AM »
Been carrying for a few years....Seems to stay put!
Print by Madison, on Flickr