turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

YOUR best sounding/favorite box call to you not the birds

Started by chufagold, January 29, 2019, 09:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Takeaim1st

It is a toss-up for me. Doug Camp, or Moss double tone custom. If I have worked a Gobbler and, did not connect, next attempt will be with the other. A completely different tone and sound effects.

Turkz39

hunter22

Gooserbat

My own Gooserbat Purple Heart over Cedar, and I have an Albert Paul that stands out from the rest of my collection that's Maple over cypress.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

PSEoutlaw07

Chris O

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 29, 2019, 10:19:12 PM
Richard hudson hen box. Snakewood over English walnut.
I am fond of those henbox sounds myself Hudson or Fulkerson you can't go wrong , along with a few others I have heard recently Russell Beard has a nice one as well. They all have that killer backend.

TauntoHawk

Terry Baker bloodwood over butternut

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rapscallion Vermilion

Richard Hudson hen box, Macassar Ebony over English Walnut

Dukejb

The one I carried most last year was my Albert Paul pocket call made of walnut over heart pine. That's at least partially a sentimental choice since the heart pine was salvaged from the old Union Station passenger shed in Nashville where my great great grandfather worked. It's pictured below with his lantern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crow-foot

Steve Mann long box
Dixie Darling tulip wood over walnut short box

ssramage

As crazy as it sounds...

My very first turkey call, bought for me by my dad when I was a kid at the Turkeyrama in Perry, Ga. Made by a company called "Critter Git'r". I have calls from a lot of the big guys and yet this is still my favorite. Maybe it's just sentimental but it's pure turkey.

Call on the far left (or bottom since the pic won't rotate  >:().

Happy

The only one I own. An old primos box cutter or something like that. It's never been to the woods.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club