OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Alps Grand Slam Speed Seat MOD  (Read 11592 times)

Offline JL_Longbeard

Re: Alps Grand Slam Speed Seat MOD
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2020, 08:01:17 AM »
MAN!!!! This is awesome. I did this yesterday to my vest and it works great. The magnets in my vest sucked, I even added a few and it still sucked, maybe got a little worse. and that pad would always get hung up in the tops of my boots.... NOT ANYMORE!!! THANKS FELLAS!

Offline golfernash

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2020, 10:08:28 PM »
Tagged

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline TrkyShepherd

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2021, 03:29:56 PM »
Awesome thread. Hate the seat on this vest. Just ordered some elastic to fix that. Been thinking about doing the claw strap to my alps vest too.

I did it a couple weeks ago. I’ll try to get some pics up later. I actually did the claw sling mod as well.

Dubie - you ever post any pics of the seat and sling mod? Curious to see how you did it.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2021, 03:35:20 PM »
Great idea. I love that speed seat. Putting that on your favorite vest gives yo the best set-up. Thanks for sharing......
“Solo hunter”

Offline Delmar ODonnell

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2021, 04:10:53 PM »
Has anyone modified the newer vests that have the female buckle on the seat without the use of sowing machine? I was thinking of trying the same mod and trying to find 2 female ends to put on the elastic strap, but I don't know how difficult it would be to find the correct size.

Offline Mbhyman88

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2021, 04:25:45 PM »
Has anyone modified the newer vests that have the female buckle on the seat without the use of sowing machine? I was thinking of trying the same mod and trying to find 2 female ends to put on the elastic strap, but I don't know how difficult it would be to find the correct size.

I did mine last year.  All I did was take the male buckles off of the sewn on seat straps and attach them to some 1" (or 1 1/4", I can't remember) elastic that I ran through the back of the vest and behind the top side cinch strap on each side.  No sewing or major alteration involved.  Used it all last year and it worked great, plan to use it again this year also.

Offline TrkyShepherd

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2021, 08:22:02 PM »

I did mine last year.  All I did was take the male buckles off of the sewn on seat straps and attach them to some 1" (or 1 1/4", I can't remember) elastic that I ran through the back of the vest and behind the top side cinch strap on each side.  No sewing or major alteration involved.  Used it all last year and it worked great, plan to use it again this year also.

Nice! Got any pics?

Offline Delmar ODonnell

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2021, 09:24:49 PM »

Nice! Got any pics?

X2 that a great idea. I'd love to see some pics if you have any

Offline Mbhyman88

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2021, 10:23:14 AM »
I'll try to take some pictures when I go home for lunch.

Offline Mbhyman88

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2021, 01:12:00 PM »

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 01:54:33 PM by Mbhyman88 »

Offline Mbhyman88

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2021, 01:13:58 PM »
It was 1” elastic that I ordered off Amazon.  Just cut the elastic and tension to your liking.

Offline Mbhyman88

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2021, 03:03:12 PM »
Still figuring out how to post pictures on this site.  Is there a how to thread on posting pictures?

Offline Mbhyman88

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2021, 03:15:15 PM »

Hopefully those will stay.

Offline TrkyShepherd

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2021, 03:25:57 PM »
Thanks brother! Very helpful.  I’m gonna try that first. I’m not handy with needle and thread...

Offline Delmar ODonnell

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2021, 03:50:29 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to post pictures; I really appreciate it. Definitely going to give that a try. Looks about as cheap and simple a mod as possible.