turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alps Grand Slam Speed Seat MOD

Started by Gobble!, January 19, 2019, 04:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobspur

Well apparently on the new alps vest they switched the buckles around.  The female buckles are on the seat instead of vest, so if I cut them off not sure how I'd attach them to elastic webbing

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

SD_smith

Quote from: Gobspur on February 05, 2019, 07:34:24 PM
Well apparently on the new alps vest they switched the buckles around.  The female buckles are on the seat instead of vest, so if I cut them off not sure how I'd attach them to elastic webbing

That's new! Mines about 2 years old so didn't run into that problem.

Jroddc

Quote from: Gobspur on February 05, 2019, 07:34:24 PM

Mine is like this one but I have an idea...

Gobspur

I was thinking of just getting a set of aftermarket buckles that would work with the existing straps, and adding the elastic through the seat like Gobble did.

Gobspur

Well got the mod done on mine. Couple hours with the sewing machine.  Not the prettiest, but the speed seat works great.

Fdept56

I bought mine used and it must be an older model because it didn't have seat straps period. I went back and redid mine the other night using some elastic. Works great! Thanks for the idea!

SCGobbler

Excellent idea!  My biggest complaint thus far.  The other problem besides the magnets, is if the feet are in teh wrong placeyou will disloacte your shoulder trying to get it re attached or even in place when you sit down.
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

macobb

I realize I'm late to the game on this but where did you get the elastic strap
Always wondering wether or not to give a cluck

Gobspur

Quote from: macobb on November 04, 2019, 09:26:13 PM
I realize I'm late to the game on this but where did you get the elastic strap
Had the wife pick some up at fabric/quilt store. Probably find it on Amazon as well.

RiverRoost

How far up or down the seat when in the upright position do you think you need to cut the slit to run the elastic strap through

compton30

Thanks for reviving this. My least favorite part of the grand slam vest has been the magnets on the seat as well. Gonna make this happen before season hits. Easy fix.

Gobble!

Quote from: RiverRoost on March 12, 2020, 11:40:11 PM
How far up or down the seat when in the upright position do you think you need to cut the slit to run the elastic strap through

I can measure and get back to you but if you look at the third picture I posted you can see where the plastic rod is pushed threw. That gives you can idea of where I put it.

RiverRoost

Anybody know if this mod can be done on the nomad? Curious because of the two short buckles on the bottom of the seat?

Dubie

I did it a couple weeks ago. I'll try to get some pics up later. I actually did the claw sling mod as well.

Mossberg90MN

Definitely going to consider this! I too wish that seat was a little easier to plop down.