OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hen attack a decoy?  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
Re: Hen attack a decoy?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 09:45:39 PM »
Had one do it so long I had to get up and scare her away.

Offline jlw

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 11:49:40 PM »
I've had it happen as well. Had a hen attack an Avian X lookout hen for about an hour. She would stand next to it and peck it in the head. Me and a buddy were sitting in a ground blind about 10yds away watching. After about 45minutes I told her in a very loud voice to stop and go away. She stopped and looked in our direction then went back to pecking the decoy.

Offline ahfox16

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2019, 10:51:05 AM »
I've had single hens attack them and entire flocks of hens attack them.  I watched about 6 hens come in one time and all hell broke loose as they just beat the snot out of my DSD.  The good news is all them PO'd hens brought in a LB running.  The bad news is soon as they saw the LB, the hens all left the hen and went to the gobbler who was safely out of my range and took him away.   Very exciting morning with the exception of not pulling the trigger.   PS.  I've had several single hens just come in and peck my DSD on the top of the head and then walk off.