turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Unique Turkey Guns

Started by Grey Owl, January 18, 2019, 10:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlesgoff71

Not sure how unique it is but haven't run into anyone else hunting with one. H&R pardner nwtf model

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

the Ward

Nice! Is that a 12 or 20? love the english straight grip stock on it.

davisd9

I really want a nice double triggered side by side to hunt with and a couple Savage 220As.  Cool guns!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

charlesgoff71

Quote from: the Ward on February 14, 2019, 01:32:52 PM
Nice! Is that a 12 or 20? love the english straight grip stock on it.
It's a 12

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

mbowyer51

I occasionally hunt with my Winchester model 37A that has been converted over to 10 gauge

DKG

Quote from: reflexl on January 18, 2019, 07:42:41 PM

30" model 12

Looks just like mine! I run Remington heavy game loads out of mine for turkey, 1.25oz of 6s pattern great out to 35 yards.

Jmbradt3873

I use an old savage model 24 with a full choke barrel sometimes. Works good for snakes with the 22 barrel on top. I get 80-90 hits in the 10 at 40, with the Browning(winchester) tss #9s. I try to limit my shots to about 35, but wouldn't hesitate to shoot a step or two past.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

pdugas

Marlin 5510 10ga. Goose gun. Barrel cut to 22" and threaded by Rob Roberts. Dipped in Mothwing Spring Mimicry. Will kill at 82 steps.

WildTigerTrout

Nothing unique for spring hunting except maybe my Knight TK 2000.  Now for fall hunting here in Pennsylvania I use an early 1970's vintage Ithaca/Tikka LSA 55 Turkey Gun.  O/U 222 Rem/12 Ga. I have a Leupold VX 1 2x7 scope on it.  I have taken fall birds with both the rifle and shotgun barrel. It gets a lot of looks and comments from other hunters I run into in the woods.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

gobblers roost

Nice love my smooth bore 30 guage 62 cal

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk