OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Blue Mahoe Tube Call Made by Pappy  (Read 8268 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Blue Mahoe Tube Call Made by Pappy
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2019, 02:02:22 PM »
Sir-diealot,

I think the crescent he is referring too it created after you get the side to side tension set.

Once you get the sides set, I pull down on the back setting the back tension.  pull slightly, then test, pull slightly, then test.  The back tension will give you the crescent, and will allow for better airflow and rollover with your helps.

Just my two cents unless I'm doing it wrong ;)
Thank you very much, sometimes I can be a little dense and not quite understand things quite right.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline LaLongbeard

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 10:36:46 AM »
The more you play around with it the easier it becomes. It takes only a few seconds to get the latex right on my Pappy tube. You will find a spot that sounds good to you, and after awhile you can tell with just one yelp if the reed needs adjusting. I use the red O rings that came with my tube, never had an issue with the reed moving once set.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 12:25:23 AM »
The more you play around with it the easier it becomes. It takes only a few seconds to get the latex right on my Pappy tube. You will find a spot that sounds good to you, and after awhile you can tell with just one yelp if the reed needs adjusting. I use the red O rings that came with my tube, never had an issue with the reed moving once set.
Thanks, I really do know that it is mostly my left thumb making it hard, it does not make everything hard but some things it does. I will adjust the more I play with it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline ncturkey

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Go hunting and Fishing
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2019, 11:13:15 AM »
Sounds like a seal getting killed.  :angel9:

Offline AT

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 02:39:14 PM »
I’m new to the tubes as well. I just got a pappy as well. It’s easier for me to use a rubber band than the o ring.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2019, 02:46:35 PM »
Sounds like a seal getting killed.  :angel9:

ROFL I reckon it does.

John Koenig:

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2019, 02:58:14 PM »
I’m new to the tubes as well. I just got a pappy as well. It’s easier for me to use a rubber band than the o ring.
I may try that, thanks.

John Koenig:

Offline AT

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2019, 07:47:05 PM »
Probably my in experience but the o rings seem to pull the latex out of place when I try to put it on there. Using the rubber band seems to help me hold it in place.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2019, 08:54:46 PM »
Probably my in experience but the o rings seem to pull the latex out of place when I try to put it on there. Using the rubber band seems to help me hold it in place.
I also had that problem but attributed it to the problems I have with my left hand.

John Koenig:

Offline Techn9cian02

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2019, 08:25:15 PM »
Hey one of my old calls! I loved those! Had two matching sets because the first got lost in the mail and showed up randomly 2 months later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk