turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is TSS worth it? Change my mind

Started by Premier Turkey Calls, January 14, 2019, 07:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYshotgunner

52 years, lead #5's in a 2 3/4" 1 5/8 load, back in the old days we called them a 2 3/4" Magnum, still work out to 40...........and don't kill on my end.
"Don't go pokin' at it, don't over think it"
NRA Life Member, Veteran

Spurs Up

:angel2:
Quote from: NYshotgunner on January 25, 2019, 05:38:24 PM
52 years, lead #5's in a 2 3/4" 1 5/8 load, back in the old days we called them a 2 3/4" Magnum, still work out to 40...........and don't kill on my end.

Yep...used to use the same shot I'd use for ducks. Note: non-toxic shots wasn't always required. And, I don't remember missing as often as I do now with all the modern contraptions. Now it's HTL, short barrels, super full turkey chokes, and sights that were once reserved for rifles. I've succumbed and am no different than most others, always looking for an edge or advantage. What happened???

dirt road ninja

Quote from: Spurs Up on January 25, 2019, 07:47:03 PM
:angel2:
Quote from: NYshotgunner on January 25, 2019, 05:38:24 PM

Yep...used to use the same shot I'd use for ducks. Note: non-toxic shots wasn't always required. And, I don't remember missing as often as I do now with all the modern contraptions. Now it's HTL, short barrels, super full turkey chokes, and sights that were once reserved for rifles. I've succumbed and am no different than most others, always looking for an edge or advantage. What happened???

The same thing that happened to roll up windows, phone booths  and carburetors on cars. Things change. 52 years from now lead might be obsolete.

Spurs Up

Nothing wrong with rollup windows...

I just hope there are still turkeys and turkey hunting in another 52 years. Neither is guaranteed.

owlhoot

Quote from: Spurs Up on January 25, 2019, 08:13:50 PM

Sure there is . Lots of young drivers don't know how to use them!
Without Power  door locks they can't get out either.
:help:

CrustyRusty

Lots of young drivers don't know how to change a tire either, or how to use a hammer for that matter...lol

Quote from: owlhoot on January 26, 2019, 06:14:48 AM
Quote from: Spurs Up on January 25, 2019, 08:13:50 PM

Sure there is . Lots of young drivers don't know how to use them!
Without Power  door locks they can't get out either.
:help: