OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pine Box

Started by hunter22, January 14, 2019, 04:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

I have heard all my life that you could not make a turkey call out of pine. Maybe heart pine but not white or yellow pine. I don't think Mike Lapp has heard this. This is one of the short boxes I got from him at Unicoi. Maple over Pine. One of the best sounding Lapp short boxes I own.

CMBOSTC

Can you post a sound file?

Jeffwhitecustomcalls

That's a cool call. One of kind for sure.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Albert Paul has been making shortboxes from pine for a couple of years now.Top and Bottom is pine

Pooh4459

I played that call Hunter22 and that sure was a heck of a nice call. I'd say the right guy bought it to that can appreciate it the best. Lapp sure has some kind of talent.

hunter22

Quote from: Pooh4459 on January 14, 2019, 05:56:41 PM
I played that call Hunter22 and that sure was a heck of a nice call. I'd say the right guy bought it to that can appreciate it the best. Lapp sure has some kind of talent.

I bought it Thursday evening. Mike told me he had something that might WOW me and it did. Mike is such a great callmaker and man. He runs with a pretty good crowd also.

3bailey3

MS Boy

Quote from: 29810434 on January 14, 2019, 05:45:16 PM
Albert Paul has been making shortboxes from pine for a couple of years now.Top and Bottom is pine

Albert Paul maybe one of the most under rated box callers to ever live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trb136

That Pine call is one of the best I have ever played Rickey.  And I've played a bunch. Lol. Nice addition to your collection!

silverspur

Rickey, You got a great call from a great callmaker.  Congrats to you! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

davisd9

Man, what a neat call.  Need to send me a sound file if you have time.  Great box Mr. Rickey.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

sbbow

Congrats Rickey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

culpeper

What could be the presumed reason a Pine Box Call wouldn't work?  With such a talented callmaker like Mike I wouldn't suspect he would let it out of his shop unless it was strong.

vt35mag

Congrats on a fine call from one of the best.

I have an all heart pine with an old hen sound from Albert Paul. 
Mike told me at turkey trot when he first started out making calls he was on the phone A LOT with Albert.

hunter22

I have been sick and at the doctor's office most of the day. Hpefully I can do a soundfile tomorrow. She sounds great and for Tim Bullock to give her such high praise says so much to me.