OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Let's see everyone Unicoi goodys heres my 2019 haul  (Read 28460 times)

Offline Scpossum

Re: Let's see everyone Unicoi goodys heres my 2019 haul
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2020, 11:06:43 PM »
That may be it, seems like he called it verte or Vera but when I asked if it was genuine he mentioned “Argentinian”. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is hard to tell between verawood/argentine lignum.  They are both closely related (same Genus).   I use it quite a bit because of the density of the wood.  Very hard to tell the difference between the genuine and the Vera/AL without a loupe or magnifying glass.  They are all in the same family of woods.   The pores in the endgrain are different between the two and they can instantly be distinguished.  The Vera/AL have pores that are in random lines.  The genuine has pores that are completely random with no order to them. The vera/argentine makes a great call in anything that requires a hard, dense wood.  Turns a beautiful dark olive/green after it cures.  The Genuine (in my opinion) has a slight more mellow tone than the argentine, but they are very close.  Very nice calls you got there!

NeverRoosting

Re: Let's see everyone Unicoi goodys heres mine
« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2020, 10:25:35 AM »
Guys this is my thread from last years haul. I'll show you this years when I get back .

Time to break the internet!!!

Offline bulian82

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2020, 08:38:29 PM »
Did anyone else get a coyote wood over black limba from Mike lapp? I know he had one or two more. This is one killer call

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

It’s deff a killer box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline roberthyman14

« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2020, 10:16:22 PM »
I’m not going to edit it. By buying calls from non vendors, you’re taking money away from the vendors who obtained a table at the event.
Not really.  If I wanted to buy from a table vendor I woulda bought from them.  If I didn't buy from a vendor it wasn't gonna change weather they had a table or not.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk