turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Let's see everyone Unicoi goodys heres my 2019 haul

Started by Pooh4459, January 14, 2019, 03:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gut_Pile

So you went to a call maker show and bought calls from people that did not have a table?

Classy move.
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

Pooh4459

Quote from: Gut_Pile on January 15, 2019, 04:47:14 PM
So you went to a call maker show and bought calls from people that did not have a table?

Classy move.

I'm sorry did I do something wrong ? Want to talk about class really? I think I did my fair share of supporting lots of callmakers there thank you. Like they say people who can't do hate.

bulian82

Classy move.

I wish people that had nothing good to say pertaining to the thread would just click the X at the top and move along if you really want to talk about "class".

The guy spent a ton of money at the show including makers that had tables.

I also bought calls from makers that did not have a table as did many others that have posted on here and nothing was said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doublespurs21

Classy move.

the tables did not have any type of fee to pay,, all free . SO what type of problem would that cause??

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: bulian82 on January 15, 2019, 05:53:10 PM

Classy move.

I wish people that had nothing good to say pertaining to the thread would just click the X at the top and move along if you really want to talk about "class".

The guy spent a ton of money at the show including makers that had tables.

I also bought calls from makers that did not have a table as did many others that have posted on here and nothing was said.

This is right in my eyes. Pooh was my roommate at Unicoi and he spent thousands of dollars supporting tons of the makers. If Paul and Clint were to setup a table what do you think it would be like?

In my eyes it would be guys lining up buying the calls as soon as they put them on the table from there bag. They wouldn't have any calls after 10 minutes. Especially when they sold like 10 calls each.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gergg

Classy move.

Also of note is that there were not unlimited tables. I believe there were call makers that were interested in committing to a table, but they were not available.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

NeverRoosting

It was a silly comment and I'm sure he will "edit" his post and all will be good going forward...at least that's what I'd do here

davisd9

Tables were not free and it was just requested if you did not have a table to conduct sales in your private room as respect for those that did pay for a table, or that is the way it was last year. If done in that manner then it should not be an issue.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

NeverRoosting

Classy move.

Not sure if you realize you are not only calling Pooh out but also calling out those callmakers that the calls in the pic that didn't have a table and any other callmaker that might have sold from their room that Pooh didn't even buy from...might want to go ahead and post your name so they know to not sell to you in the future as I'm sure you don't want to do business with a non-classy callmaker.

Maybe you were unaware that Mark Sharp has made it known that selling from the room is ok (not like he can regulate it anyways), just don't be selling and advertising calls in public.

Whatever the reason, probably best to just edit your initial post

Gut_Pile

I'm not going to edit it. By buying calls from non vendors, you're taking money away from the vendors who obtained a table at the event.
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

NeverRoosting

Quote from: Gut_Pile on January 15, 2019, 06:51:22 PM
I'm not going to edit it. By buying calls from non vendors, you're taking money away from the vendors who obtained a table at the event.

I use to be stubborn too...best of luck...I'm moving onto another thread...sorry your thread got high jacked pooh, I heard lots of callmakers with booths say they were thankful for your business and enjoyed meeting you and visiting with you, hope you make it back next year, I know the callmakers that I  talked to sure hope you do!

Crghss

Nice selection of calls. Love my Brad Roberts green slate.

But how do you decide what too take in the field? Impossible...

Will have too make it there some day. Thanks for sharing.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Gobbler2577

Those are all great!  There was so much there I wanted to buy but with the shutdown looking to last a long time I just couldn't feel good about buying much.  I will likely never be able to make a haul like yours but if I am back at work by next january I plan to make up for not buying much this year. 

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

sixbird

For the callmakers who couldn't get a table and were coming, what's the harm in selling a few calls?
They didn't take money from callmakers with tables. The guys that bought from them would likely have not spent on other call makers anyway. They wanted calls from THOSE makers.
In any event, the fellas who run the show seem to be o.k. with it so we should all just chill and not judge.
It was a fun time. Lots of fellowship and laughs. If you ever get the chance to go, it's worth the trip...

KYHeadhunter02

Well, since this is what the post was supposed to be about, instead of a debate. Here are some of the calls I brought home. Next year I hope to take a bit more money and talk to more folks. I had the time of my life and met some of the greatest guys a turkey hunter could talk with. Every call maker I talked to was 1st class. Buying a call was just another part of the experience. If anyone has never been, I would highly advise it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk