turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Let's see everyone Unicoi goodys heres my 2019 haul

Started by Pooh4459, January 14, 2019, 03:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trad bow

Sure hope everyone gets out safely before this strong front blows through.

KentuckyHeadhunter

I made it home safe...but I wonder when the turkeys will quit ringing in my ears!  I swear I still hear calls....
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

va longbeard

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on January 11, 2020, 05:56:42 PM
I made it home safe...but I wonder when the turkeys will quit ringing in my ears!  I swear I still hear calls....

That's the truth I am still hearing them as well! 

Was a pleasure meeting you at the show. 

We had to leave early wife was calling asking why I made four trips to the ATM lol!

Sir-diealot

Nice looking calls everyone, have been holding off looking at this thread because I knew I would be drooling over all the great calls.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

KentuckyHeadhunter

Quote from: va longbeard on January 11, 2020, 06:08:25 PM

We had to leave early wife was calling asking why I made four trips to the ATM lol!

Great meeting you as well!  You have great taste in calls.
I got that same Lamar scratchbox also.  They said the ATM had 10k in it yesterday and was completely wiped out.  They had to put more in it this morning.   :funnyturkey:

trad bow

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on January 11, 2020, 07:02:26 PM
Quote from: va longbeard on January 11, 2020, 06:08:25 PM

Great meeting you as well!  You have great taste in calls.
I got that same Lamar scratchbox also.  They said the ATM had 10k in it yesterday and was completely wiped out.  They had to put more in it this morning.   :funnyturkey:

that's great for the call makers. I hope they all made enough to make it a worthwhile trip.

Clovis67

Very fine calls... congrats to all who attended.What size is the Durham call? Very nice looking...but looks small in the last picture.
I think that call makers that put peoples names on a waiting list for a call ought to make every attempt to make those individuals a call.If the call maker does away with his list and slows down or stops making calls then so be it. Sheet happens! But placing a mans name on your list and then ignoring / overlooking that mans order is BS.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Quote from: Clovis67 on January 12, 2020, 12:00:19 AM
Very fine calls... congrats to all who attended.What size is the Durham call? Very nice looking...but looks small in the last picture.
I think that call makers that put peoples names on a waiting list for a call ought to make every attempt to make those individuals a call.If the call maker does away with his list and slows down or stops making calls then so be it. Sheet happens! But placing a mans name on your list and then ignoring / overlooking that mans order is BS.

Not trying to argue but sometimes what's on that callmakers list is "calls for a certain show". It can come before or after someone's name but it's still also part of the "list".  I've waited years for a call only to get the exact same call from the exact same callmaker at a show way sooner than when I my name would have come up on his list.  Its not because they are avoiding their list or avoiding you....its because they are making calls for that show specifically.   

KYHeadhunter02

Here's the flock that came home with me...The only bad thing other than the drive to show and the food at the lodge is the amount of calls you want to take home. It would take a lot of discipline to go home empty handed. I wish I could have bought a call from every call maker, but it's just not possible for me.  I'll be there next year though. Mark did a great job as always coordinating the show!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

Great haul!  And you're right the food........don't get me started. 

Spitten and drummen

Hey headhunter. Glad I finally got to meet you. Looking forward to next year already.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

va longbeard

Quote from: Clovis67 on January 12, 2020, 12:00:19 AM

The Durham slate is a standard size call its the camera angle in that last pic that makes it look smaller than it is.  As far as the wait list I gotta to agree with KentuckyHeadHunter's comment and there are a lot of those calls that I bought that I have been on there wait list for a long time and just picked them up at the show.  If you ever get a chance to go to show I highly recommend it.  It was my first time there and it want be my last.

Chris O

Awesome calls every one. I would have a very hard time walking away from calls that you stop and play at someone's table . I would spend all my money very quickly then after I spent all my money I would spot the absolutely most awesome call ever then not be able to get it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trad bow

Note to self.   Start saving now to CARRY more Money next year.

Pooh4459

Far as the food goes I knew from last year only thing you eat at the Lodge is breakfast if you have to. Nice haul VA Longbeard and Kyheadhunter02.