turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TSS Load recipe

Started by tracker#1, January 13, 2019, 12:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracker#1

Thinking about having a friend reload for me some # 7 or # 8 TSS 20 gauge, 3" .... suggestions ? powder type, hulls, primers etc.  I'm new to the game, any good recipes ? Thanks....

davisd9

When you buy shot all of that will be provided by a good seller. Make sure they are lab tested with velocity and pressures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

jryser

Quote from: tracker#1 on January 13, 2019, 12:05:49 PM
Thinking about having a friend reload for me some # 7 or # 8 TSS 20 gauge, 3" .... suggestions ? powder type, hulls, primers etc.  I'm new to the game, any good recipes ? Thanks....
Look for Shooter or . There are more but those are my two go-to's for shot at recipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BandedSpur

Unless 9s are not legal where you live, ditch the 7s and 8s. Nines are where you want to be (based on 10 years of experience and dozens and dozens of turkeys killed with TSS 9s). All 7s and 8s do is take up valuable room in the hull and decrease pattern density. Nines will kill way further than you need to be shooting.

kwild835

Quote from: BandedSpur on January 14, 2019, 08:31:45 AM
Unless 9s are not legal where you live, ditch the 7s and 8s. Nines are where you want to be (based on 10 years of experience and dozens and dozens of turkeys killed with TSS 9s). All 7s and 8s do is take up valuable room in the hull and decrease pattern density. Nines will kill way further than you need to be shooting.
This^^^