OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: TSS Load recipe  (Read 5420 times)

Offline tracker#1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
  • Big game tracker with dogs, Oathkeeper, NRA Endowm
TSS Load recipe
« on: January 13, 2019, 12:05:49 PM »
Thinking about having a friend reload for me some # 7 or # 8 TSS 20 gauge, 3" .... suggestions ? powder type, hulls, primers etc.  I'm new to the game, any good recipes ? Thanks....

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: TSS Load recipe
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 01:51:52 PM »
When you buy shot all of that will be provided by a good seller. Make sure they are lab tested with velocity and pressures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline jryser

TSS Load recipe
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 09:38:52 PM »
Thinking about having a friend reload for me some # 7 or # 8 TSS 20 gauge, 3" .... suggestions ? powder type, hulls, primers etc.  I'm new to the game, any good recipes ? Thanks....
Look for Shooter or . There are more but those are my two go-to’s for shot at recipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 10:02:25 PM by jryser »

Offline BandedSpur

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 08:31:45 AM »
Unless 9s are not legal where you live, ditch the 7s and 8s. Nines are where you want to be (based on 10 years of experience and dozens and dozens of turkeys killed with TSS 9s). All 7s and 8s do is take up valuable room in the hull and decrease pattern density. Nines will kill way further than you need to be shooting.

Offline kwild835

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 09:05:34 AM »
Unless 9s are not legal where you live, ditch the 7s and 8s. Nines are where you want to be (based on 10 years of experience and dozens and dozens of turkeys killed with TSS 9s). All 7s and 8s do is take up valuable room in the hull and decrease pattern density. Nines will kill way further than you need to be shooting.
This^^^