turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mr. Harold Fowler

Started by Turkeytider, January 12, 2019, 09:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Mr Fowler , cancer has returned and he's in pretty bad health , he was at Unicoi and was selling what he had left of a lot of different strikers .. He's hoping his son may start making the strikers in the future ....

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeytider

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 23, 2019, 11:44:19 AM
Mr Fowler , cancer has returned and he's in pretty bad health , he was at Unicoi and was selling what he had left of a lot of different strikers .. He's hoping his son may start making the strikers in the future ....

I am so very sorry to hear this. Such a fine gentleman. Meeting him was the high point of my first Unicoi. I feel very fortunate to have some of his strikers. Bless him.

BTH

Mighty fine man! Still keeping him in my prayers. Saw the Preacherman had a picture with him. Good to see him out and about.
Phil 4:13

datrip

I am sorry to hear of Mr. Fowler's health problems. As has been said he is a fine fine gentleman. I met him last year at Unicoi and picked up 3 of his strikers. I took my Halloran Twisted Sister with me and he allowed me to run as many of his strikers that I wanted until I found the ones I had to have. He even ran the call himself and recommended the same one I liked as well....tulip wood tip with a persimmon wood handle. Boy it is a smoker let me tell ya!!! No way will I part with it, especially after hearing of his health issues. I will surely be praying for him.
Whatever is over my head is under His feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2007

pauld

A great craftsman, a great man and a great friend. There is no finer man than Mr. Harold.

chufagold

I need to get one of these strikers

ssramage

Sorry to hear that. I had two strikers from him that I bought a long time ago. Down to one now and was hoping to get more until I read this.

Turkeytider

Quote from: ssramage on February 04, 2019, 02:22:39 PM
Sorry to hear that. I had two strikers from him that I bought a long time ago. Down to one now and was hoping to get more until I read this.

You might still be able to if you give him a call. I don't think he's turning any more new ones, but he had boxes of them at Unicoi.

SCGobbler

I was wondering about that.  I will give him a call.
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

model94

I have nine of his strikers and all of them play awesome. Hard to figure out which ones I like best. He is a great man and I am blessed to have talk to him.

TCKev

I have 2 of his strikers an Osage Orange and a Purpleheart. I spoke with him a short bit very knowledgeable gentleman.
Tight Groups
Kevin

SwampChickenSC

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 23, 2019, 11:44:19 AM

Hate to hear this, prayers sent
"some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Turkeytider

Everybody who turkey hunts needs to do two things. One is to get at least one of his strikers. They are excellent and pieces of artwork, IMHO. Second, give him a call and talk to him as a part of getting a striker. I predict that the striker ordering part will become the least significant part of that conversation. Do it and you`ll see what I mean.

ATROX

How is he doing? Does anyone know?